TN State Senator

Homosexuality Is Dangerous

2/1/2013 2:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

020113_senator_tmzlive_launch
Tennessee State Senator Stacey Campfield (R-Knoxville) has a message to the gay community -- stop ramming the gay agenda "down everybody's throats" and leave the straight people alone!!!

Sen. Campfield just called in to "TMZ Live" to talk about the strongly-worded email he sent to a pro-gay voter ... who had objected to a bill Campfield recently reintroduced to the Tennessee General Assembly.

During the call, Campfield insists he doesn't hate gay people -- he just doesn't believe students from kindergarten through 8th grade should discuss ANYTHING gay related.

Among the highlights:
-- Campfield says the people in the gay rights community are "the biggest bullies in the world."

-- Campfield says comparing the gay rights movement to the African American civil rights movement is "insulting to the civil rights movement of the black people."

-- Campfield says he wishes the gay community would just leave the straight people alone ... saying, "We don't wanna hear about it every day ... quit trying to ram it down everybody's throats ... and quit pushing it on everyone. Just leave us alone."

Some people in the newsroom disagreed with the State Senator's views ... check out the video.

bearforce1

For all those black people making nasty comments and thinking that being back is different to being gay you should be even more ashamed.

What a load of rubbish claiming that you were born black and homosexuals choose to be gay so therefore they shouldn't be afforded equal rights and protection of the law.

Firstly you ignorant ugly people. People do not choose to be gay. There is a certain percentage of the population that is gay and it is not by choice. Go do some research into the science and research.

How can black people who are sensitive and know discrimination have no empathy for other minority groups who are suffering. Shame on you.

I am sorry if it looks as though I am particularly having a go the black community. My best mate is gay and he sometimes makes dumb racist jokes and I always chastise him for this and say "how can a minority like yourself no empathise with others"

Anyway. Please be nice to each other. These people are members of your community, your family, friends.

Remember people are doing nothing wrong as long as they are not hurting others or themselves.

BeachBoyy805

You people that agree with him are just ignorant. YOUR GOD IS DEAD, AND NO ONE CARES! Religion is a sham, and the bible is a fictional book, not at all based upon facts. Stop shoving your religious dogma down our throats! Homosexuality has been tolerated for thousands of years, and it wasn't a problem in ancient rome, or greece, so why is it an issue now? because all you homophobes are closeted gays that need to stop living a lie, just be happy with yourselves instead of living your life as a lie... you think gays are the problem? it's people like you that are the real issue... just a bunch of Ignorant republican tea baggers! FACE IT, THERE IS NO GOD OR SATAN. NO HEAVEN OR HELL! Its all a lie that was written in a fictional book, not a history book.

natanya

Wow. This senator is awesome. Definitely thinking of becoming a repub just cause of this guy!!!!

djvicdogg

I can't believe how some of you are comparing a lifestyle choice to the civil rights movement. No matter how you want to justify it,being gay is a lifestyle choice. Being a certain race is not a choice. If I wanted to (and I could find a willing partner) I could choose to be gay right now. I have the ability to make that choice. I can never choose to be any other race than Mexican. I can't wake up in the morning and say, "I have a job interview today, so I think I'm gonna be white." It is offensive to me as a minority to be compared to a lifestyle choice. I could give a crap if someone is gay or straight but the senator was right. They do try to ram their agenda down everyone's throats. Justify it all you want, but its a choice. You may not want to choose to be straight, but you have the ability to make that choice. How is that the same as what race someone is?

Caliban

Poor little Stacey, still smarting from being called gay on the school playground because his parents gave him a "girl's name." He should take up jogging to relax. At night. In dark clothing. On busy streets.

MandaKay

As a gay woman myself, I actually agree with the senator only in regards to not forcing your opinions on anyone else. I lived an unhappy life for 31 years because I was afraid to be myself. I was married for 6 yrs and lived the "normal" lifestyle that was expected of me. I was miserable. I have since come out and I actually keep my life very private. If someone makes a rude comment I don't snap at them. I keep my opinion to myself and think to myself how ignorant they are. I do find the whole gay pride thing to be a bit much. I am proud of who I am and my way of showing that is walking with my head held high and a smile on my face. I don't think children need to be subjected to any "gay discussions". I think they need to learn to love all people for who they are and that people are allowed to love whoever they want. Just sayin....

Fibb

My new Hero, everything he is saying is true, Gays go back into your closets, & Remain there, until the Devil says its time to come out, come out--get it...

Elmer Gantry

Do you all suppose that Tennessee Senator Stacey Campfield's remarks will inspire a new neologism?

Tennessee General Assembly - Senator Stacey Campfield

Tennessee Senator Stacey Campfield - Senate District 07 Map

coolmama1994

He needs to shup up....quit rammong this garbage down our throats!!! Plug your ears...homophobe

coolmama1994

Oops ramming

Just me

Wow this man is something else. I'm not gay and I am older. I have 5 children and if any come up to me and said they were gay. I would rather have them come out and tell me no matter what age. I don't want bones in their closet....I also don't need them afraid to be who they are. I don't want to hear what goes on in the bed room just like they don't need to know what's going in mine. People like him think being gay they are pedophile.. I rather have them out of the closet then hide and have mental issues. Children should be taught specially if they have feelings that were taught not to be normal. Maybe your soul mate is the same sex as you are.. I hope all states allow marriage. There is nothing wrong with loving the same sex. I just love the people casting the 1st stone.

lola

Campfield is an ass...the man is obviously anti-homosexuality and doesn't believe in sex education?!! I'm heterosexual and sex ed saved me from becoming a statistic!

cello6996

Ignorance and arrogance Plain and simple

flygirl24

This man is an *******! Regardless of what he says he is scared of the gay community. No one is bothering him. He is just ignorant and I cant believe he is representing Tennessee

Iguanabones

Kindergarten?...I don't remember learning about anything other than counting and the alphabet. And the reason you 'hear about it everyday' is because it's not fair. Allow everyone to be equal and stop being so close minded and you wouldn't 'have to hear about it every day'.