TN State Senator

Homosexuality Is Dangerous

2/1/2013 2:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

020113_senator_tmzlive_launch
Tennessee State Senator Stacey Campfield (R-Knoxville) has a message to the gay community -- stop ramming the gay agenda "down everybody's throats" and leave the straight people alone!!!

Sen. Campfield just called in to "TMZ Live" to talk about the strongly-worded email he sent to a pro-gay voter ... who had objected to a bill Campfield recently reintroduced to the Tennessee General Assembly.

During the call, Campfield insists he doesn't hate gay people -- he just doesn't believe students from kindergarten through 8th grade should discuss ANYTHING gay related.

Among the highlights:
-- Campfield says the people in the gay rights community are "the biggest bullies in the world."

-- Campfield says comparing the gay rights movement to the African American civil rights movement is "insulting to the civil rights movement of the black people."

-- Campfield says he wishes the gay community would just leave the straight people alone ... saying, "We don't wanna hear about it every day ... quit trying to ram it down everybody's throats ... and quit pushing it on everyone. Just leave us alone."

Some people in the newsroom disagreed with the State Senator's views ... check out the video.

matt

matt

So those of you angry at him believe that teachers should be talking about homosexuality in grade school? It's possible to have no hatred for the gay community whatsoever but agree that there's no place for <12 y.o.'s. hearing about this stuff

Obitexa

I agree with Mr Senator...being gay is a disease, a psychological and physiological disorder proved medically as one of the symptoms of lesions of the hypothalamus, which controls our sex drives as well as the way we think. Do a little research to confirm this comment. There are also other causes: Trauma related to an ugly experience while dating an opposite sex, failed relationships, sexual abuse while still a child, etc. When these things remain unsolved even after consulting therapists most of them turn gay to seek reprieve for their suffering - FACT. It registers in their long term memory and it takes only the grace of God to pull them out of their misery.
It's just so unfortunate that ignorant people are trying to help them in the wrong way by all these 'gay rights' rubbish.

Mina

GOOOD THANK YOU FOR SPEAKING UP ABOUT WHATS RIGHT I AGREE WITH HIM 100%!!!!!!!!

Gretel

Protesting too much?

DudeLebowski

I heard a rumor somewhere that this is a free country and everyone is entitled to their opinion. If he doesn't think that men should sodomize each other what's the big deal?

Drew Hall

I can't wait for about 15 years to go by and these hate mongers start to become looked at like the people who opposed equal rights for blacks. I just love watching people who will be on the wrong side of History making fools of themselves. Hahahahaha Future generations of his family will be so ashamed of him.

kay18

Agree 100% with him

Gina

I also agree wth him.

Yono

This Senator is an unmarried man... who has never been married... and is OBSESSED with gay issues. He is just SCREAMING to come out...

Lucky_130

He has some good points. When I went to see Django Unchained a few weeks back I was confronted by a gay rights activist upon exiting. He asked me how I felt about gay rights. I told him I was not in the mood to talk, because I was to bust thinking about the great movie I just saw. Dud begins yelling at me saying, crap like " How about saying YES TO GAY RIGHTS"? "HOW A BOUT IT? I told him F off.
I thought about it, and Django on the drive home. Have the gays ever been whipped for breaking eggs? Have they ever been in chains? What are gay rights? What more do they want? When will this all end?
I figure after they get whatever they want, they will try and make a gay card, so they can get a gay discount on items wherever they go, like a senior citizen discount. Then they can protest and bully the stores that dont participate in the gay discount.
I can just picture it now, some nut screaming at a merchant "WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE IS NOW GAY DISCOUNT HERE?!!!"

Zer0

Wow. Some of you are going nuts over nothing. All TMZ did was DIRECTLY QUOTE everything this guy said. And if you wanted to, you could watch the full conversation in the video. If this man was NOT ASHAMED of his own words, then it shouldn't matter that they are headlined now.

SLOSteve

In elementary school in the late 60's, I remember a friend of mine crying as the teacher was standing over his and forcing him to write with his right hand. Those left-handed kids are not real kids and society needed to correct them. There was no proof of a left-handed gene I guess.

Laughing at celebrities is fun.

He's right, gays try and find any little thing to spout off about just like loud mouth liberals.

OneAdam12

...and he's a 100% right!