Sally Kirkland

Emergency Surgery

After Theater Fall

2/13/2013 9:12 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0213_sally_kirkland
Academy Award-nominated actress Sally Kirkland was rushed to the hospital Sunday night after taking a nasty spill at an L.A. film festival -- breaking her leg in two places.

Kirkland was on her way to the stage at the Studio City Film Festival to receive her award for Best Actress in a Dramatic Short when she fell to the ground, also dislocating her ankle during the accident.

A rep for the actress says Kirkland blames the fall on poor lighting in the theater.

An ambulance arrived shortly after the accident and rushed her to a nearby hospital. On Monday, Sally underwent emergency surgery to repair the breaks with a metal plate and screws.

We're told Sally remains under doctor's supervision.

A rep for Sally tells TMZ, "Currently suffering from extreme pain, Sally remains hospitalized following a successful surgery to repair the injuries resulting from her fall. Despite the circumstances, Sally is in good spirits and is optimistic about her recovery."

0213_sally_kirkland_footer

Wil

Im sorry but if the surgery happened a day later its not "EMERGENCY SURGERY"

Course that wouldnt bring the readers now would it?

A speedy recovery to Miss Kirkland

Truth

I SMELL A LAWSUIT...(EVEN THO IT'S HER FAULT). WELCOME TO AMMMEEERRIKKA... WHERE COCAINE AND LAWYERS ARE A HELLUVA DRUG. POINT BLANK PERIOD. #TRUTH!!

Dave

Well they always tell actors to "Break a leg"!

BellaBoo

Speaking of 'Dramatic Short'...

I wonder if she'll get a nomination for that fall..

Elizabeth Alan

Sympathetic thoughts and hoping she recovers quickly. Yikes - gives new meaning to the term break-a-leg!

Wow ...

Get well soon.

zoolady

Get better Sally!

w

Wow I wish her the best but I have to say this, first I am not a lesbian BUT I have to say that Sally Kirkland has an amazing rack.

ZZ

Lol "breaking" news. Literally. Yes, even I'm ashamed of me for that joke.

Buckaroobonzai

Hey sally, just pray to john roger and he should be able to fix it with his mental powers... you crazy b1tch! Just MSIA karma coming back to haunt you!

Stubaby

Not Sally Kirkland, nooooo! What will the entertainment industry do without the power house of Sally Kirkland?

cindy

I remember seeing her on the Howard Stern show many years back. She was Very strange. She is one strange Coconut.

jojotato68

Having broken my ankle 3 years ago & my leg 33 years ago...i am sorry to hear she broke anything!! I have 9 screws & a plate in my ankle. I hope she fairs better!! Best of luck Sally!!

CorkiDeCat

Growing old with grace...

Cindy

I hope she recovers soon.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments