LeAnn Rimes

Sues Dentist

You Screwed Up My Teeth!

2/14/2013 4:06 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0214-leann-rimes-tmzLeAnn Rimes is suing her dentist, claiming he botched up her mouth so bad ... it's messing up her career.

In the lawsuit ... obtained by TMZ ... Rimes claims she went to Dr. Duane C. McKay for various dental work over 3 years. Some of the work included upper front veneers and crowns that the dentist promised would address her TMJ-related pain as well as improve her appearance.

Rimes claims rather than helping, the dentist messed her mouth up bad, causing tremendous pain and bleeding. Back in October, she tweeted, "I feel like I got hit in my right side of my face with a baseball bat."

Rimes says she's had to undergo 9 root canals and bone grafting. She's also had a temporary bridge and needed physical therapy as well.

Rimes says in the suit she will have a "permanent cosmetic deficiency."

Rimes says the dental work is so bad it has been screwing with her career ... impeding her ability to perform.

In her malpractice lawsuit, LeAnn is seeking unspecified damages for physical, emotional and psychiatric injuries. She also wants money for loss of past and future earnings.

0214_remodeled_mouths_footer_v2

amyy555

Hahaaa! Brandi (in her book) said leanns teeth look like bad dentures. All of a sudden shes suing the dentist now? Lol! Damn this girl is obsessed with Brandi and being her twin! Why?....no idea!

BB not bb

There is a quality to natural teeth that fake teeth don't have. There is a pearly luminescense that you can't get from plastics. I think natural teeth generally look better. They show your life history and they give you alot of personality.

If you just have the fake teeth, they look like everyone else's teeth. They give you a look like a marionette. The album of stars who had their teeth remodeled makes me think that most of them looked better and more interesting before the dental work.

Some of them had really nice white teeth before. I don't know why they would want to cover them up, except that they have so much money, they don't know where else to spend it.

missnyfl

You should sue your parents for that face! Haha. I'm kidding, but I couldn't resist!

tylerc85

Karma

LightJ

Gosh she is just on the suing band-wagon like the rest of the **** sucking celebrities. Except she is not much of a celebrity anymore. Damn, your teeth wouldn't of helped much with that face, uhg. Just my opinion.

sum dum jerq

Meth.

JaneB

Perhaps it's karma for being a cheating whore. Frankly I can't stand her, her music and her acting is horrible.

cherryl

enough all ready ....the timing on this ...is to keep herself in the news and so everyone will feel sorry for her and not buy the granville book.......which makes her look like a total witch.......time too move on .....it's over .......karma it's a bitch

mmm

Nicolas Cage.. well done!

Toallthehatersoftheworld

Should of just got a cleaning like everybody else

C. Fox

Next Rimes plans to sue "peaking at 17" and "not being hot anymore."

Vivian

Personal feelings for LeAnn aside...my friends and I have had similar experiences with dentists recently. I had to have nine painful and time consuming appointments to complete two crowns. Nine times in a chair because the temp broke, the crown didn't fit, the tooth broke after gluing the crown on, etc.,). Finally both were done (I thought) and one tooth was so painful for weeks I really couldn't function. I was then told that I probably needed a root canal on that tooth and we would need to start the whole process again. WTF...no way! Why wasn't I told the tooth needed a root canal during the eight previous appointments?? Believe me...plenty of x-rays were taken during my three month ordeal. My friends experience was worse...she spent a whopping twenty thousand on regular dental work over a year and a half. Then was told the tooth they did most of the work on had a very serious infection that could have spread to her heart i left untreated for much longer. It took a year to get the infection cleared up and her tooth is still not permanently fixed. I think dentists would have each and every one of us in their chair every week if they could. Ridiculous. Don't fall for all their promises...the only thing a little work leads to is more work. Keep it simple and floss...floss...floss!!

lcmb

She should sue her mother over her genetically-problematic horse face.

lcmb

Perhaps the next cosmetic work she has done can be to minimize that huge bulging vein in her forehead.

John

Oh...I figured having an affair w/ a married man ruined her career...whore