Patrick Carney

ENRAGES Bieber Fans

with Twitter Profile

2/17/2013 5:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0217_patrick_carney_justin_beiber_gettyBlack Keys drummer Patrick Carney is on the receiving end of A TON of Twitter hate ... because he raised the stakes in his war of words with Justin Bieber by changing his Twitter profile pic to one of the Biebs.

You'll recall ... Carney ignited the whole thing last week when he said Bieber didn't deserve any nominations, telling a TMZ photog, "Grammys are for like music, not for money ... and he's making a lot of money. He should be happy."

Bieber fired back on Twitter, saying Carney "should be slapped around haha."

But now Carney has taken it up another level by changing his Twitter profile pic to Bieber, his name to Justin Bieber, and his profile description to "official twitter for the actual verified Justin Bieber DOS virtual buddy."

0217_patrick_carney_twitterCarney's handiwork has annoyed both his fans and Bieber's, prompting tweets like:

-- "I used to like you, but why are you being such a d**k?"
-- "do you even know how stupid and immature u look doing this. arent u like fifty?"
-- "do you know how f**king dumb your acting and how stupid you look lmao"
-- "Can we please have Patrick back?"

This is the whitest music feud ever.

021113_patrick_carney_launch

Angry Hank

I thought, finding the headline 'Carney enrages Bieber'. That there might be an image of Bieber beating a roady or carnival-type person hard...

Gloryg7

Oh im sorry 1 grammy and he is an expert on what the award is for? This is exactly why I killed my twitter people use it for hate! Stupid old fools like this pick on people much younger then they are and death threats are a regular. Who moderates this stuff anyway!!!! This old idiotic fool needs some geritol and to SIT DOWN!! If he is gonna war with anyone. Since this is the norm these days at least let it be someone his age like Sting or Prince. Those dudes are also more talented then Mr. BLACK Keys! And NO I am NOT a Bieber fan! I just sic of all this bad behavior from ALL celebrities! Remember the days when image was......EVERYTHING! !

blondie

GROW UP!!!!!!!

LizzieBlueEyes

Always wondered what kind of people over the age of 12 would like Justin Bieber ... now I know. They have serious problems with reality.

lmg

I would not mess w/ the Biebs...those lil B*****S be crazy! I'm more scared of them then Al Qaeda and the Mexican drug cartel put together!

Dood

HEY TMZ. When you quote someones tweet, you should give credit. Bad reporting.

MateoYork

When an older adult fights with a kid, eventually the adult looks foolish. Case in point...

AC

If I was trying to keep my indie cred I wouldn't be having a "beef" with a teen pop star. The dude seems just as lame as Bieber. They should set up a date night.

YouDontSay

The music industry is a mess. Patrick spoke the truth plain and simple. Tweeting is so lame so I find this funny.

Violent Pope

Hipster vs. Twerp

Belieber

Patrick Carney is just an idiot
Justin deserves to win a GRAMMY
Because he has talent

Janice

Justin Bieber has actually grown into a seriously talented guy. Everybody loves his music...they just won't admit it. He was smart by doing duets with Rappers.
This Black Keys guy is just an ugly jealous freak.
I never heard of them until watching the Grammys which by the way, that show put me to sleep this year. Where were all of the great Hip Hop artists and REAL rock artists like years ago on the Grammys? Chris Brown didn't perform, Usher didn't even perform. Nobody good was even in attendance such as 2Chains, Rick Ross, Drake, etc.
The Grammys officially suck and until they improve, I won't be watching next year.

kathy

And if TMZ actually did their job and checked Patrick Carney's twitter page, you would see just how immature he is actually being.. Like he is spending his whole day tweeting crap about Justin, saying he is Justin.. Like this guy deserved a Grammy? He needs a psychological evaluation, not a Grammy!!

kathy

The sad part is that he changed his profile even before Bieber fans started in on him!! This guy Patrick Carney really needs to grow the **** up. He even got his brother involved, Like these are supposed to be grown up adults, and they are acting worse than children! Justin only responded once, and is acting more mature than this idiot is..

Skeptical

If you looked like that you'd probably change your pic to Bieber too.