Mindy McCready

Dead

Commits Suicide

2/18/2013 4:45 AM PST UPDATED: 2/17/2013 7:17 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0114_mindy_mccready_articleupdate_bar
The Cleburne County Sheriff’s Office released a statement this evening that reads:

"At 3:31 PM, Sunday, February 17th Deputies from the Cleburne County Sheriff’s Office were dispatched to a report of gun shots fired in the area of 1132 Fox Chase Drive in Heber Springs. Officers arrived on the scene at 3:58 PM and discovered the body of 37 year old Melinda Gayle McCready on the front porch of the residence at 1132 Fox Chase. Ms. McCready was pronounced dead at the scene from what appears to be a single self-inflicted gunshot wound. At this time family members have been notified of the incident. Ms. Mcready will be transported to the Arkansas State Crime Lab for an autopsy and the matter will be fully investigated."

0314_divider_graphic
Troubled country music star Mindy McCready was found dead Sunday of an apparent suicide ... this according to various reports. She was 37.

A source close to McCready tells TMZ ... McCready shot herself and her dog. Neighbors reported hearing the two gunshots.

We're told McCready had been a mess since the father of her youngest child, record producer David Wilson, was found dead in his home on January 13 of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.

McCready's two children were removed from her home by a judge on February 6 and she was committed to a treatment facility for a mental-health and alcohol-abuse evaluation. She was released two days later.

McCready had attempted suicide twice before -- once in 2005 and again in 2008. She also made several trips to rehab and appeared in 2010 on the VH1 reality show "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew."

0218_MINDY_MCCREADY_footer

Don Martin

Hell Yes! Any chance the Kardasians and Lohans might follow suit?

CloseUrLegsToMarriedMen

Wish people would stop w/ the cold ignorant comments. She was extremely depressed

samjsd

I can see by the pathetic remarks from u people at how sad your lives must be as well. Way to have a heart to care for people! May have been selfish in what she did but she is still a human being! My heart goes out to her family and friends and seriously u people should be ashamed of yourselves for speaking so I'll willed of anyone who takes their lives! Its judgmental people such as yourselves that drives them to their demise!

GG

Where in the HELL were her family or friends to check the house for any guns. That is one of the first things done when someone is suicidal. Get real here - who was watching out for Mindy?? Where the hell were they in her darkest moments. What doctor thinks a two day sitint in so called rehab is enough??? This may be crazy to even write, but it appears those closest to her wanted her dead so they did not have to help or deal with her. What is society comming to???? Rest in peace Mindy - a shining star that fell way too soon in life.

Truly a Dreamer

I'm sadened over the death of Minstrel. I pray for her children and families as they try to heal and get through this tragedy. I hope people will allow the family to grieve in peace and realize she had an emotional problem.

Truly a Dreamer

Mindy mccready..I hate when spell check changes my words. sorry about my post saying minstrel. RIP Mindy

jef

I remember a young, beautiful, TALENTED Mindy. We were out one night when Ten Thousand Angels just dropped and doing great. She did not drink or smoke and had NO association with drugs or drug users. In fact, she drove me home that night in my car because I had been drikning. Mindy fell for the wrong guy. That decision was what ultimately changed the course of her life.

jef

My memory of Mindy is much different than all of the tabloid headlines. Ten thousand Angels had just dropped and things were great. She was young, beautiful and amazingly talented. We were out, she had some local appearance commitments. She was not drinking, smoking or doing drugs. She did not associate with drugs or drug users. She ended up being my designated driver because I was the one drinking. She drove my car and me home. Mindy's life changed when she met the wrong guy and started making bad decisions. Bad decisions innocently made can have horrible life long consequences such as this. I remember a wonderful, kind, funny, talented beautiful person.
jef

MS. CONCERN

MAY HER MEMORIES LIVE ON, SHE WAS A DEAR AND KIND PERSON .

keven masun

Killed her dog? That's pathetic! She probably said, "Oh poor me...I'm wealthy and adoreded by millions....i just have such a miserable life! Boo hoo for me!"

Jimmyzee

Jef...you sleep with men.

bignerd6942

She was a loser. Plain and simple. A one hit wonder who was her own country song. She should have taken lessons from Taylor Swift. She killed her boyfriend and couldn't live with herself.

bignerd6942

She killed her boyfriend. She was a low class person and friend. What kind of person breaks into another's computer then sells the photos on that computer to the tabloids. She just couldn't live with herself anymore. Her kids are probably better off. Affair with Roger Clemens. Now I am far from perfect, but I would never shoot my dog. Maybe the dog killed the boyfriend, but now we will never know.

Bionka1

R.I.P Mindy! You were an awsome singer such a beautiful woman!

Bionka1

R.I.P. Mindy! You were a great singer and a beautiful woman!

Previous 15 Comments | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments