Robin Roberts

Returns to GMA

Welcomed Back by Obamas

2/20/2013 5:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

022013_roberts_gma

She's back!!!!! Robin Roberts returned to her anchor chair on "Good Morning America" on Wednesday ... her first day in her old job since undergoing a bone marrow transplant to treat a blood disorder.

And the best part -- she was greeted with welcome back messages from Barack and Michelle Obama, Oprah and Hillary Clinton!!

With a big ol' smile on her face, Roberts told the audience ... "I have been waiting 174 days to say this: 'Good Morning America.'"

As for the First Family ... Michelle O told Roberts, "Robin, we just want you to know that the whole Obama family, we've been thinking about you and praying for you and rooting for you every step of the way."

Roberts was diagnosed with myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) last year ... but says she's determined to beat it.

Looks like she's off to a good start.

Horrorholic024

What if this woman was your mother or sister or some other member of your family. Would you still be making horrible cruel comments about someone surviving cancer. Would you like it if I laughed at you and said "Your mom is dying from cancer. Ha ha!" Do ever think of that? No because you people are such losers you will never get it. Shame on all of you for making horrible comments about a human being.

Chgome

Glad to see she is back and doing well but, don't you think about how many people suffer from all kinds of illnesses and don't have money to get well or that don't have income and will never return to work. I think she is a brave women for her fight and so are many other much stronger because they can't afford treatment.

Chgome

Many people can't afford the kind of care she received. Bless her heart for the struggle but please why all the celebration. Lets celebrate the poor people who fight that fight with no money or a job to return to. Please, Obama.

sooverit

Ok I'm bracing myself for the hate I'm about to receive, but I'm sick to DEATH of Robin Roberts, her cancer, her bald head and everyone saying "welcome back" My god is anything else happening in the world.

me

Mr. President.....don't you have a country to run?

LizzieBlueEyes

So over this story. Never thought she was very good at GMA and still don't. Glad she is well but STOP milking this story, ABC.

Mrugowsky

Her and Arsenio Hall look strangely alike.

moneyman

Fvck You All Who Has Something Negative To Say! Show some RESPECT *******S!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4