Steven Tyler

I Spent $5 Mil on Cocaine

2/22/2013 2:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0222-steven-tyler-tmz
Steven Tyler says he "snorted half of Peru" over the course of his drug-addled rock career -- easily spending at least $5 million on cocaine before he finally kicked the habit.

The Aerosmith singer revealed the drug numbers on Australia's "60 Minutes" this week, saying he spent a fortune on booger sugar as a young rock star ...  "Probably, realistically, 5 or 6 [million], easy ... You could also say I snorted half of Peru, but, you know, it's what we did."

Tyler's been open about his former drug addiction for a while now -- telling Matt Lauer back in 2011, "I needed that cocaine. I needed it." But he said it ruined him, adding, "It took my children away, it took my marriages away. I was on my knees."

Tyler sobered up in the mid 80s but later relapsed. He was diagnosed with Hepatitis C in 2003, which he believes he contracted as a result of his intravenous drug use.

Tyler's been in and out of rehab numerous times, but now considers himself sober.

DaveT

♫♪ There goes my old girlfrie-end...there's a-nother diamon ri-ee-ing...and ah all those late night promises I guess they don't mean a thing ♫

rudynjudyjudy

thats why I never went to thier gigs to much killer dope everyone knew he was a adict to smack&coke but still didn`t care to not feed his addictions.Same smit as a homeless person don`t give him money and he will be cured!. and maybe homeless he is still the brazzist mouth in the biz and no one cares to hear to blew more money than any working stiff makes in his lifetime on blow for your blow ho.SING SING SING and shut the fluck tup

James Miller

This guy looks like a skeleton with one leg in the grave. How the hell anybody can follow his no talent "career" and hedonism is beyond me...

rudynjudyjudy

so now you can give three times that much to the homeless?

Jorge

He is the epitome of narcissim. The Oprah interview he did when he talked about how he abandoned his wife and child ( his wife ended up dead) was too painful. Couldn't like or admire him as a human being after that.

KnuckleDragger

Actually...that has to be a guess. Anyone that's done that much cocaine has no idea how much they've spent.

Belle

He is so dam* lucky to be alive. Most people with that sort of habit die long before he will from an aneurysm or OD. It's nice that he mentioned the things he ruined (i.e. losing his kids and wives, etc.) he should consider some continuing public service announcements geared towards kids outlining just how dangerous that sort of habit can be, he's only just scratched the surface and I'm afraid people will see that he's done that much and think they'll be fine too. They likely won't.

Mrugowsky

And it looks like he did, too. It's hard to get off the ol' white train. If he's sober that's good, I suppose. He dresses like a girl but that's probably just because of drug flashbacks.

exlax

the missing link

Lucky_130

Good Lord, thats a lot of money!

LK

PIFF !!
THAT'S PEANUTS !!!
LOL

R

Yeah, well, just now on CNN someone outside the courthouse area who was against Pistorius getting bail said he shouldn't have gotten bail because his girlfriend was "prematurely murdered". I swear that it was this guy said.

KicksandGiggles

What a screwed up world we live in when a drug addict proudly boasts he spent 5 or 6 million on drugs. He claims it like a badge of honor. Sad.

Paul Z

He looks like the last dump I took.

Kinkee Pinkee

Hmmm ... is he bragging?? Almost seems like it's some big accomplishment he's proud of (smh). Just my opinion but, I'd be too embarrassed to let the whole damn world know I spent five thousand dollars on cocaine MUCH LESS five million!!! Some information needs to be kept personal Mr. Tyler and your past coke habit fits in that category nicely.