Steven Tyler

I Spent $5 Mil on Cocaine

2/22/2013 2:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0222-steven-tyler-tmz
Steven Tyler says he "snorted half of Peru" over the course of his drug-addled rock career -- easily spending at least $5 million on cocaine before he finally kicked the habit.

The Aerosmith singer revealed the drug numbers on Australia's "60 Minutes" this week, saying he spent a fortune on booger sugar as a young rock star ...  "Probably, realistically, 5 or 6 [million], easy ... You could also say I snorted half of Peru, but, you know, it's what we did."

Tyler's been open about his former drug addiction for a while now -- telling Matt Lauer back in 2011, "I needed that cocaine. I needed it." But he said it ruined him, adding, "It took my children away, it took my marriages away. I was on my knees."

Tyler sobered up in the mid 80s but later relapsed. He was diagnosed with Hepatitis C in 2003, which he believes he contracted as a result of his intravenous drug use.

Tyler's been in and out of rehab numerous times, but now considers himself sober.

box211

He looks it.

AllAmerican

And they say rappers are the devil! Lol

dommylee

If that line is under a gram then that line ain't mine

lyn parker

PLEASE STOP WEARING DEAD TORTURED FUR STEVEN......IT IS NOT BECOMING ON YOU......THANKS..:-)

Zach Swan

$5,000,000 = about two eight-balls a day for 35 years. No mortal being can possibly consume that much blow. If he spent that much on gack, he'd have been a good guy to hang around with because he'd have had to share it with everyone to use it up. Of course it's possible that rockstars have access to weapons-grade llello which costs more, but still...

midnight507

That's why he looks like a Peruvian mummy

Kenneth

He must have had a lot of coke parties and gave a lot away or else he would have beat Rick James to the grave.

Calico

Breaking nose is more like it.
And I thought Rev. Dave Hope from Kansas was the quintessential cokehead when he said he once spent $40,000 one year on blow.
The 700 Club Clip is pretty funny esp. due to the interviewer's reaction-check it out (circa 1983)

justme

From this photo it looks like 10Mil

justme

& no STEVEN we don't wanna WALK THAT WAY!

self-employed

I met him one time in Coco Beach. A real gentleman. I have been a fan ever since. Good luck, Steven. Live clean.

skatinaway

his investment paid off nicely ....

laffnbear

To think it was so expensive to look like THAT.

laffnbear

Ridden hard and put away wet too many times.

smellany

why did you pay for it? other " ROCK STARS " get it for free, just like sex.