Steven Tyler

I Spent $5 Mil on Cocaine

2/22/2013 2:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0222-steven-tyler-tmz
Steven Tyler says he "snorted half of Peru" over the course of his drug-addled rock career -- easily spending at least $5 million on cocaine before he finally kicked the habit.

The Aerosmith singer revealed the drug numbers on Australia's "60 Minutes" this week, saying he spent a fortune on booger sugar as a young rock star ...  "Probably, realistically, 5 or 6 [million], easy ... You could also say I snorted half of Peru, but, you know, it's what we did."

Tyler's been open about his former drug addiction for a while now -- telling Matt Lauer back in 2011, "I needed that cocaine. I needed it." But he said it ruined him, adding, "It took my children away, it took my marriages away. I was on my knees."

Tyler sobered up in the mid 80s but later relapsed. He was diagnosed with Hepatitis C in 2003, which he believes he contracted as a result of his intravenous drug use.

Tyler's been in and out of rehab numerous times, but now considers himself sober.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

starshine79

Breaking news, my ass.

Nobody.Puts.Bieber.In.A.Corner

Good For You Steve.

taffy84

I need To find an up and coming rock star then I need to start selling coke

Drew Hall

Thats it? I thought it would be more like 15 million. Well at least it didn't effect his looks.

prince luvr

I love him,his honesty is cool ,but he looks like he spent 5 million on.coke wowza

DaveT

Cocaine is the great deceiver.
Gives people a soft, euphoric high while at the same time making blood rush through their system with too much volume and force for the veins.
Cocaine overdose is very common, even without overdose as Steven said it will slowly take over your life and destroy everything

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Sure he did. He would've been dead snorting just an ounce.

Los Pepes

And no noticeable brain damage

the TRUTH

$5 million dollars THATS ALOT OF COCAINE!

exlax

dream on aerosmith WAS one of my favorite bands

rudynjudyjudy

Blutts he also spend 10 mils on smit paper,ghost writters bac bac dude looks like a lady and 20 mils on cars 300 mils on jetpacs and over 756 million on plastic surgerys.Braggin on about yourt dup habit isn`t being recovered its the same olt spit and noodle headed BS

Dennis

Didn't he make this statement before in a book, when he first kicked the habit?

Eddie

That's too much information & nothing to be proud of you freak show

rudynjudyjudy

in other words TMZ tracks him onLINEs

exlax

must of been a scalper to sell those tickets and baking soda

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments