MC Hammer

Arrested for Obstruction,

But Claims Profiling

2/23/2013 2:01 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0223-mc-hammer-gettyMC Hammer was arrested yesterday for obstructing an officer, but he paints a story of racial profiling by the police ... claiming an officer pulled out his gun and randomly asked him, "Are you on parole or probation?"

Hammer was booked and released from Santa Rita Jail in Dublin, CA after he was popped for obstructing an officer in the performance of their duties and resisting an officer.

But Hammer went on Twitter this morning and his version of events is shocking. He claims the encounter started when a cop tapped on his car window and asked him, "Are you on parole or probation?"

Hammer thought it was all a joke until "he pulled out his guns, blew his whistle and yelled for help."

Hammer summed it all up by saying, "only thing more dangerous than a scared man with a gun, is a scared man with an agenda, a gun and a badge. I was citied for obstruction smh."

TMZ reached out to the Dublin PD for comment ... we're yet to hear back.

Anonymous

I predict charges will be dropped in 3...2...1...

Ugh

I can't speak about Oakland, but when I first moved to LA, My pregnant wife and I were driving out of Universal Studios when the cops pulled us over. They told us our car was suspicious because it had out of state plates. They asked me to get out of the car and started questioning me about drugs and guns. I was extremely scared due to the LAPD's less than sterling reputation, but I was remained respectful and called him sir the whole time while answering his questions! The cop then asks why I'm so nervous, and I told him this was my first experience like this. He then tells me to put my hands behind my back. I asked if I was under arrest for something and he said "no, I'm cuffing you for your own protection". Then he puts me in back of the squad car with his partner and goes back over to the car questioning my wife, who again, was 5 months pregnant at the time. The officer then start asking her repeatedly about drugs and guns. After about 15 minutes the cops take me out of the car, uncuff me, and laugh saying now, you've got a good story to tell your friends. I was free to go, no warning, not ticket for anything, and no clear explanation of why I was deemed suspicious and assumed to have drugs and guns. .

Now, I don't know if this all happened because I'm black, but to this day I don't understand how out-of-state plates are suspicious at one o the nations most popular tourist destinations.

I'm also not just putting this on LA, I lived in Pennsylvania as a teenager and my parents bought me a new car for my 16th birthday, nothing super flashy, but it was new. I was pulled over every couple of weeks but was never given a ticket. It wasn't until I was older that I realized this wasn't the normal experience for most teens.

Thank G_d that when I was young my father had the good sense to explain to me the importance of treating police with the upmost respect because a lot of them just want to exert their power and will use the littlest excuse to put you in your place.

Truth

I CALL BULLSH*T ON THIS SH*T STORY... NO DOUBT HAMMER DID SOME SH*T B4 THE PO-PO CALLED HIM OUT. HOW CONVENIENT TO PULL THE 1960...'S EDITION OF THE RACE CARD. WTF... #TRUTH!!

gegeok

Police wonder why they are under attack...

egreen

To explain this to anyone not familiar with the darker side of law enforcement, what happened to Hammer is referred to as 'tossing' or 'rolling' (depending on what police department is doing it). Cops see someone 'suspicious' and they 'toss' em (stop them, question them, pat them down etc etc) to see what falls out. When you're on parol or probation, you loose certain rights and cops don't need any other reason to 'toss' you than that, thus the reason the second question they ask most minorities after their name is, 'are you on parol or probation?'. I know because I was 'tossed' and found out some of this through several Freedom Of Information Act requests. (A majority of these request were vehemently denied by the offending authority citing very vague police department policies.) I'm not on parol or probation and that still didn't stop them from tossing me in the back of their car and illegally searching mine in the process, all the while never once telling me the reason for the stop. (I say 'stop' but the truth was I wasn't even driving. I was parked.) After they didn't 'find' anything, I became 'sir', and their tones went from aggressive to CYA in a flash. (Cases were still filed both locally and federally.) The problem is people who have never been 'tossed' before only see a bunch of whining minorities when it makes the news, and don't even realize this practice exist. Unfortunately, this happens a lot more than you would think. What happened was Hammer got 'tossed', and after probably having been tossed before, he reacted angrily when the officer didn't have a good reason for doing it. To all those who say, 'just go along with what the officer is doing', it's fantastic that you live in the world you do. Congrats! To Hammer, damn, sorry. I, along with a lot more people know the feeling. smh

prince luvr

Google claycord.com. Story on there with hammers comments

speakMYbrain

I BELIEVE IT! goto www.worldstar.com and watch the video of cops running over a guy and killing him instantly. it happen this week i think

summer

I believe Mc .That part of Dublin is a up scale area . Mostly white population. i'm sure he was sitting in a nice car . What other reason would a cop ask if he was on parole? That cop should be fired!!! my cousin is a white cop in that area. but he's a good cop unfortunately their are some bad apples out there. Mc is a good man with a good heart. he handled the situation with grace.

Cereal_Killer

Effin racist pos...go back to the 90's u washed up has been

4reallikecomon

RACIAL PROFILING DOES HAPPEN..IT HAPPENED TO ME TRAVELING UP I-75 TO WORK...PUNK MADE ME LATE.

Josie Wails

When are blacks going to stop accusing everyone of being a racist to defend themselves against their own actions that cause these situations and use the profile word!! What a tired ignorant lazy excuse racism has become and the only ones that are using it are blacks in America these days. Victim Victim Victim Victim its all they sing about and all they talk about. The worst type of racism is the type that exists inside of someone who betrays themselves by lying and it comes from blacks that use it every time now. What happened to respect for the law....its all about racism now. Sick of it sick of hearing about it sick of seeing sick of the music and just plain ill over all this racism all the time coming from guess who? Rap and Hip hop have started to really suck because its all glorified hatred for dough, racism for money and hatred for themselves. Go get another trophy white chick !! Hammer used to make sense now its racism/victim S**T AGAIN all over again and again, racist manifestos dear GOD blaming everyone but themselves, victim victim victim all the d**n time!!!

Emilio

Please Hammer, Don't Hurt 'Em!

Lydia

Damn, you know you're in trouble when a cop starts blowing a whistle. DAMN. That truly would alarm the heck out of me, can you imagine?

Lydia

It's HAMMER time. Where's MYYYYYYY Thor?????

Lydia

MC HAMMER ‏@MCHammer SAID: @Oakland1kanobi no sir. They didn't take blood out, they injected something in and said if I refused its an automatic six months. ************************ what the hell did they inject him with then?