'Southern Wild' 9-Year-Old

DOGGY BAG

Earns Mega-Cash

2/25/2013 12:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0225_quvenzhane_wallis_yorkie_Getty
Add "business mogul" to her resume -- TMZ has learned, 9-year-old Best Actress nominee Quvenzhane Wallis was personally responsible for an EXPLOSION in the doggy bag market this AM ... after rocking her puppy purse on the red carpet.

A rep for Poochie & Co. tells TMZ, the stuffed Yorkie purse was specifically designed for Wallis -- the youngest ever Best Actress nominee for her role in "Beasts of the Southern Wild" -- and sales skyrocketed this morning after Wallis debuted the bag on the red carpet last night.

We're told Wallis has been wearing the company's puppy purses to various media events since January -- resulting in a steady double-digit growth for the company -- but this morning, the company saw an exponential upsurge in sales numbers.

0225_wallis_footer
The rep tells us, the Poochie & Co. office has been flooded with calls and emails since this morning ... even from outside the U.S. ... and the company can barely keep up with demand.

As for why they chose to give her a Yorkie for the Academy Awards -- the rep says it's because one of Wallis' dogs is a Yorkie ... so it just made sense.

Wallis also owns a German Shepherd, but the rep said German Shepherds aren't "cute for girls."

WE COMPLETELY DISAGREE. As proof, here's a cute picture of a German Shepherd puppy. Suck it, haters.

0225_german_shepherd

KittyKittyKitty

Yikes!

sandy

OMG people are such SHEEP! People ran out and ordered a purse too??? How pathetic!

SoManyIdiots

Here comes PETA.

FlamingoNut

I guess it's just me; I get it, she's 9, but I thought it was silly.

DaveT

German Shepherds are actually really intelligent, love to play, and good family logs, assuming they're treated right and trained well, but they need lots of activity and lots of attention. owners should realize that before they buy them

eivissa

Poochie and Co. had better give this little girl a huge part of the profits for selling
these doggie purses.
~
And for making this non-known name brand a now HUGE worldwide
known name brand only because of her.
~
I hope they aren't greedy idiots!

Mike

She's a classic precocious little girl who made it big in the movies. Her name in the movie is "hushpuppy". The movie was actually fairly good even though it is about really poor people who live in the marshes of Louisiana and drink all the time. It's kind of hard to believe that people down there really live like that. They seemed to like it that way in the movie though.

Mr.Velvet

Is her daddy Triqueratrix Buckshank?

Mrugowsky

Trendy item that will soon find it's way to the back of the closet. Save your money kid.

Lynn M

If the dog was made especially for her, why didn't they at least try and match the cute dress she wore. I thought the purse was so out of place and took away from her. On another note, I think there were other actresses, who have paid their dues, more deserving of the honor of a domination. I thought the movie was just barely watchable. I'm surprised that Hollywood would back a film which is basically about child neglect.

mark

wow! she's cute as a button! i really do hope she is successful in the industry and is never corrupted - she's too sweet.

Who the Hell is Khloe

Oh so cute! Just adorable!

M.W.electric

I want one! I wonder if they make custom tool bags??

keeblerelf

My german shepherd would eat a yorkie for breakfast...i agree, suck it, haters;)

Ronron

She is an irritating brat and I'm sick of seeing her with her stupid doggie bag. There were way more deserving , better REAL actresses who should have been nominated for this award. The Onion should have NEVER apoligised and Crissy Teigen had it spot on

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments