« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Oscar Pistorius

Plans Private Memorial

For GF He Killed

2/26/2013 8:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0226_oscar_reeva_0
Oscar Pistorius is planning a private memorial service to honor his girlfriend, whom he shot and killed on Valentine's Day.

The memorial for 29-year-old Reeva Steenkamp is scheduled to take place tonight at the home of Oscar's uncle, where the Olympic sprinter has been staying since he was released on bail last week.

Oscar's rep released a statement, saying, "Oscar specifically requested the memorial service as he continues to grieve and remains in deep mourning for the loss of his partner Reeva."

The rep adds, "Since it is such a sensitive issue, Oscar has asked for a private service with people who share his loss, including his family members who knew and loved Reeva as one of their own."

Oscar -- who stands accused of murdering Steenkamp -- claims he shot her by accident, thinking she was an intruder.

0214_reeva_steenkamp_remembering_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Tricky

And right after the funerals he'll go marry Casey Anthony...

Jem

Her skull was crushed. A bloody cricket bat was found. Put two and two together. It doesn't take a rocket scientist, or a judge to figure out what happened. He used the bat to bash her skull in. Even if he used the cricket bat to break open the door, that doesn't mean he didn't use the cricket bat to bash her skull in. Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

lisa c

I wonder if the family hasn't been feeding his insatiable narcissism since birth. Very Strange.
I have heard tell that many were afraid of him.

jen

Oh, gee! How big of him! This man is sick!

bea

She locked the bathroom door. What girlfriend gets dressed and LOCKS the bathroom door at 3 AM. Give Reeva some peace and Oscar move on to the next woman that will agree to your gun toting and testosterium injected ways.

Common Sense Bonita

Nobody's girl locks the door unless she needs a break but can't leave. This is a typical wealthy entitled white man in a poor place thinking he can get off Scott free. How many shots before he saw she wasn't around? Please

Mitzymitzy

Oscar and Jodi Arias need to hook up.

zombie

Oh fvck me! Is he serious with that? What a showman he is. Doing everything he can so he can walk on the murder charges. POS!

SimplyHappy

Good thing Oscar pulled up Reeves panties, carried her downstairs, watched her die in his arms, phoned his brother and arranged a lawyer all before any emergency call was placed. So considerate of him to hold a memorial service for his beloved...Man this guy makes me so sick! In fact, his entire family creeps me out! I know that in law you are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty, but everything about this story stinks! I'm worried that his celebrity, and his money is going to set him free. I hope and pray the judge sees through this guys lies, and locks him up where he belongs. R.I.P. Reeva,

pancake

does he really think Reeva's family will come to his uncle's house for a memorial? He's more dilusional than I thought. Does his uncle have guns in his house too? If so watch out for another murder. Stumpy should be thankful his butt is not behind bars yet.

DeeMaree

"But the prosecution did land some blows on the athlete's character. Botha claimed that Pistorius was involved in another shooting at a restaurant in Johannesburg in January and, aware of the media storm that would ensure, asked the gun owner to "take the rap" for the incident, which he did." That is from a South African newspaper. I think there is more to this guy than he wants the public to see. I also read that he had to go to Reeva's side of the bed to retrieve his gun. How he could miss noticing she was not in bed makes little sense. Let's say he believes she was lying there. Good time to say, Reeva, quietly call the guards, there's someone in our bathroom stealing my hemorrhoid cream. I'm just not buying this man's story.

Ruby

People are forgetting a very talented and inteligent young woman was murdered, the fact that he was famous for what he inspired in TV. The moment he grabbed that gun and fired he knew things would change men do not tend to just shoot at every noise. He is most worried about the loss in his career if i was in his shoes i would accept my fault because i had no right or wouldnt have the heart to ever be ok with the fact that i killed my partner. It is all an act!

Truth is

Gawd is he delusional...u killed her hence the service.....blow turd

Angie O'Plasty

By the off chance he didnt kill her on purpose, he should still see some jail time. He took a human life. If it was an accident, the way he handled the situation was beyond stupid. you dont shoot what you cant see. I feel bad for him either way, hes scard for life

anonymous