Scott Weiland to STP

You CAN'T Fire Me

IT'S MY BAND!!!

2/27/2013 12:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0227-tmz-scott-weilandStone Temple Pilots front man Scott Weiland says he had NO IDEA his band was planning to fire him today ... but according to Scott, it doesn't matter ... because he can't be fired from a group HE created.

Scott just released a statement in response to STP's press release this morning -- in which the band claims they "officially terminated" Weiland from the group.

Scott said, "I learned of my supposed 'termination' from Stone Temple Pilots this morning by reading about it in the press."

He added, "Not sure how I can be 'terminated' from a band that I founded, fronted, and co-wrote many of its biggest hits, but that’s something for the lawyers to figure out."

Sh*t just got real.

0226_scott_weiland_footer_v2

NOT ELMO

now he is probably going to Fire Them instead, The Lead Singer is the most important in a Band....

TucoH

Who cares, this guy should have died 15 years ago

Scary

Whatever. The other bandmates can just form under another name. It would be weird if they kept playing STP hits with a different singer anyway. I like some of their stuff, but the hits were like 20 yrs ago, and Weiland has had plenty of issues.

Todd

They are dead in the water with out Scott .

david

damn it boys figure it out....my favorite band of all-time

Patti

STP is nothing withought Scotty boy! He makes that band. I love him. Its a shame that he had/has a hard time with drugs and booze.....extremely talented man. Wish you much success and strength to fight the demons and keep on rockin!!!

MadCharles

Of course they can fire him. it's probably in his first contract he ever signed. The clause probably has just been carried over and over.
It's kinda like Obamacare. It's in there but you don't know it's in there until it effects you... Lots of luck with the lawyers. and stay out of rehab..

sid

I LOVE Weilands voice. He was pretty hot before the heroin chic look, too.
But get it together pal, don't take all your bandmates down with you.

MadCharles

AC/DC did just fine..

Tom

I read Slash said hed never work with Scott again. Slash said he's too much drama. I get that impression Scott would be awful to be around.

EasilyHard

Maybe your 10th trip to rehab will work

laffnbear

Easy.
Just refuse to back him, don't play, don't travel.
Shun him.

mary smith

Scott needs alot of love and attention.

Mrugowsky

He's turning into an old junkie so it makes sense from a business point of view. They won't sound the same without him,of course, but it's o.k. since they have become a parody of themselves.

Jack T

Pink Floyd made it work without Roger Waters but they had David G. Who the hell else is in STP? I remember the guitar being a tablature mag years ago but I can't even remember him. Scott is the band, give it up a-clowns and beg forgiveness before he fires you.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments