Ben Affleck

I Didn't Kick the Paps ...

They Were Scaring My Kid!

3/2/2013 10:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0302-ben-affleck-x17Ben Affleck didn't kick anyone yesterday and was merely trying to get the paparazzi to back off ... because they were scaring his daughter ... this according to sources close to the Oscar winner.

Ben was holding 4-year-old Seraphina yesterday when they encountered a large mass of paps. According to our sources, the photogs got too close for comfort and little Seraphina started crying because she was afraid.

According to our sources, Ben asked the paps (none of whom work for TMZ) twice to back off and when that didn't work ... he said "You need to be this far away" and swung his leg to demonstrate.

Our source says Ben never had any intention of kicking anyone and he was merely trying to protect his daughter from the paps ... who he feels have been getting more and more aggressive.

He should have just said "Argo f**k yourself" ... but they probably haven't seen the movie.

Virtual Insanity

Paps need to stay that far away from all celebs. My crappy point and shoot can get a decent photo from legs length.

Los Pepes

Theyre holding cameras not guns
Only a douchebag would act like this in front of their kids

Georgiagirl

He should have kicked them. Stay off people and their kids paps!!! How would you like scary men clicking cameras all up in your kids faces. News flash kids don't like strangers. God have some respect for people.

mrharrybawls2012

Affleck: get over yourself. Argo was not that good and it was pure fiction. Google a guy named Ken Taylor-thats who the movie should have focused on , not Affleck trying to be the hero. Also, I guess old Ben learned his lesson not to take 3 strippers home from the club and bang them while engaged to another woman (Jennifer Lopez dumped his azz over that fiasco). He is a terrible actor and lets hope he never directs another movie again. The End.

I AM 21

I can't believe its not butter

Nobrows

I know they are trying to make a living, but when you get that close to the stars and their children, it is too much. Have some respect.

Cool Papa

I love how TMZ ALWAYS tries to insulate themselves from the 'paparazzi'. YOU ARE THE PAPARAZZI! YOU are the worst of the worst. The bottomfeeders of America. Yes, I'm guilty of consuming your BS, but PLEASE...YOU ARE THE VILE PAPARAZZI against whom you so often deride.

judy jetson

I can't stand Ben A Flake.

Me Too

While I agree the paparazzi was most likely overstepping it once again, Ben should be smart enough to know if a kid is fearful, you don't respond (as a parent) with anger or fear. Now the kid is going to be even more freaked out.

lisa c

The thing to do would have been to retreat not forge ahead on one foot with a 4 yr old in your arms. How traumatic for the child. He is smarter than this...so I ask myself photo op? Weird!

floknowsbest

Good for him!

Squatting Thunder

paps can be real nippleheads sometimes

Squatting Thunder

snapping pics of celebs is one thing but mind the kids. I'm with Affleck here. Use some common sense for crying out loud what if it was your kid?

lisa c

His response was irrational.

CitrusOxide1015

Wish he would have kicked one right in the huevos, I would have like to seen pictures of THAT!