« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

WWE Legend

Paul Bearer

Dead at 58

3/6/2013 8:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0306_paul_bearer_wee_death_dies_article
Paul Bearer -- the spooky WWE manager who helped introduce The Undertaker -- died Tuesday evening at the age of 58 ... this according to the WWE.

Bearer -- real name "Bill" Moody -- joined the WWE in 1990 ... playing the role of a creepy funeral director who managed various wrestling stars ... including Undertaker, Kane, Rick Rude, Vader and Mankind.

The details surrounding Bearer's death are unclear -- but he reportedly suffered from serious health problems over the past decade ... including morbid obesity and gallbladder issues.

R.I.P.

The WWE released a statement saying ... "WWE is saddened to learn of the passing of William Moody, aka Paul Bearer."

"Moody made his WWE debut in 1991 as the manager of The Undertaker and went on to become a memorable part of WWE over the course of the next 20 years. Our deepest condolences go out to Moody’s family, friends and fans."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

catmom72

He will be legendary as a manager for Undertaker & Kane..I so admire how he spoke out for #TheDeadMan, no pun intended, a few wks ago, saying he should not put his streak up, due to his health, now he is gone..#RIP

Spicy mag

Same age as Chavez, clearly they're the same person.

RxQueen

Aww damn :( takes me back to the 90s when I watched wrestling. R.I.P

tdr9

We need more news

CrimsonLove81

This guy was one of the greats, regardless of the insensitive comments made by some. Hes esd s and will remain an icon in his industry. It's a shame he couldn't get a better handle on his health issues. He will be remembered and missed.

Keyser Söze

Damn,,, one hell of a manager. He';;, for sure, get introduced in the WWE HoH right along with Undertaker.

RIP, Moody.

dan

could not believe he was only 58 he looked 88

Mrugowsky

The world of fake wrestling has endured an almost unbearable loss, here. Have some respect.

cecil b carter

Rip ....

BellaJ

I didn't ever see him perform. I mean this with the most respect, that is a scary looking photo of him! Sounds like he was a hell of a performer. May he RIP

Whatever

He was one ugly ****er

emauk

Brings back the memories when wrestling was good and at its best. The good times. R.I.P. :-(

verlinda

R.I.P. Paul...you use to scare the crap out of my Son when he was young, and a Wrestling Fan.

the_truth_hurts