Valerie Harper

I Have 3 Months

To Live

3/6/2013 5:46 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0306_valerie_harper_ipad_article

Valerie Harper
has terminal brain cancer and doctors are giving her around 3 months to live.

Harper, who famously played the character Rhoda on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and the spin-off, "Rhoda," was diagnosed with leptomeningeal carcinomatosis, a rare form of cancer in which cancer cells spread into the membrane surrounding the brain.

Harper, 73, told People, "I don't think of dying.  I think of being here now."

0306_valerie_harper_footer

idyou

I would love to know if I only had three months left to live - man, the things I would do knowing the end is coming - not worrying about money - going to the places you always wanted to go - getting the opportunity to tell those you love how much they mean to you - but, all the same, sad news.

Sam

What fcuking moron is black check well wishes to this wonderful woman.

Whoever you are, you have MAJOR ISSUES AZZHOLE!

Judy L

This news made me sadder than I had thought it would, but Mary Richards and Rhoda Morganstern were the "girlfriends" I stayed home with on Saturday nights when I was dateless back in my youth.

JA

I love her talent and her attitude toward life.

Kathy

We love you Valerie!!!!

angela3

Valerie has given me so much joy thru the years...many moments of laughter just when I needed them. Thank you Valerie... Please know that you are loved <3

angela3

Valerie, you have brought me so much joy thru the years. So many moments of laughter just when I needed them most. Please know that you are loved. <3 You're in my prayers

DrTyrell

Diet Coke? FLU shots? Vaccines?

Jay Singer

We love her and know that if there's any way for her to get through this, she will. She's such a loving person and a dear, dear friend.

cranky

Peaceful passing Valerie and thank you.

HillbillyHell

Loved her on MTM show....one of the BEST TV shows of all time. God bless you, Valerie Harper.

Democrats are evil

Listen, we are all destined to die some day. Some younger, some older. It's all about how you live your life when you're alive. Miss Harper has been blessed and has been graced with time to say her goodbyes and maybe work on a bucket list. We all sympathize with her but life is a bitch, isn't it. I hope she believes in Jesus Christ. If not, well, good luck with that.

Missy

Love Rhoda. Very sad. This poor woman. Gets lung cancer despite never smoking and now this. The more you see in life, the more you see it's genes that matter. Awful. God bless her.

BB not bb

Cell phones cause brain tumors. I wonder if she talked on a cell phone a lot. She looks otherwise in good shape, especially for her age. I heard that cell phones are so toxic as far as causing cancer, that they may be part of a depopulation agenda.

Pay phones are all but extinct. If you don't have a cell phone, you are all but lost in an emergency. I think it is a real shame. There used to be private phone booths even where you could make a call and not have everyone hear it and not pay a huge amount of money either.

If you can find a pay phone now, chances are they will demand a dollar just for a local call. They should have just let Bell telephone and AT&T have their monopolies. They did invent the phone after all.

I think maybe they were broken up to create an environment of bad service so that people would be more willing to turn to cell phones. It is truly annoying how people are on phones all over in your space, as if you don't even matter. That plust the blackberry and IM typing with the thumbs in front of people all the time.

Claudia A. Beckwith

Valerie, You have played so many characters that are so real to the viewers and by your skill we had insights into life. Laughter and tears on the way but touched by your gift of compassion and understanding, I pray for your serenity, faith, and love and be open to the miracles that will multiple each passing day.