Kelly Osbourne

Doctors Say

Epilepsy A Possibility

3/9/2013 9:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0308_kelly_osbourne_getty_articleKelly Osbourne's seizure may have been much more serious than first suspected, because doctors say she could be suffering from epilepsy.

Kelly has been hospitalized since suffering a seizure Thursday on the set of "Fashion Police." Sources connected with Kelly tell TMZ ... the seizure was far more serious than first suspected. Doctors are running tests and we're told she'll be in the hospital for at least a few more days.

We're told doctors say there's a real possibility that Kelly is an epileptic, but it's possible it was an isolated incident.  If it's the latter, docs need to figure out what happened and how they can prevent another episode.

In the meantime, Kelly is on anti-seizure meds.

Pauly

Epilepsy is no big deal if it's an occasional seizure. Drugs like Dilantin and Phenobarbital can halt seizure activity in a typical epileptic. Considering some alternate seizure triggers (ie brain cancer), I'd choose epilepsy first.

nanettetron

I pray it is not epilepsy, Poor thing.

nanettetron

I pray that it is not epilepsy, such a stigma. Poor thing.

cornishkate

nanttetron what stupid and ignorant comments to make. where do you live 1957!!

Choyce2020

Let's see she was born from 2 alcoholic druggies do you think she might have some type of neurological damage due to her gene pool? Most likely a big YES!!!

dome

A that's why you don't make babies with junky drug addicts,her brother got MS and now she might be epileptic. Say no to making babies wit drug addicts kids

♥TMZ but ...

I bet it is from yo-yo dieting

carolyn

Maybe what is happening with her and her brother could be all the drugs daddy used.. Bad sperm...

Srodberry

Uh, this is a rather stupid story. Most doctors don't diagnose someone as epileptic unless they've had 2+ seizures. Has there been anymore confirmed seizures? I also have a hard time understanding why they would put her on medicine after only one seizure. My son is epileptic and has had at least two dozen seizures. Sounds like the diagnosis and medicine is a bit premature, IMHO.

Shell-Belle

I just can't help but wonder if her father's excessive drug use when she was conceived has something to do with her now possibly being epileptic as well as her brother Jack having MS.

tapioca

Didn't Kelly have an incident of falling out of bed awhile back? That was probably a seizure. Also, didn't she suffer a concussion while rehearsing for dancing with the stars? That could cause seizures. I'm surprised they didn't mention that.

mary

I HAVE HAD EPILEPSY SINCE I WAS 37 I AM NOW 48.IT IS NOT FUN.

Sandra

Hope she will be ok but suggest her past life style choices may be causing her problems!

Liss

I always find it funny when I am reminded Kelly Osborne was actually hired to critique fashion. That's like giving Dina Lohan a deal to write a parenting book.... ohwait.

JustAnotherFatAmerican

Nobody would even know who this no-talent 'tard is these days if it wasn't for her douche of a mother getting her jobs on tv.