Valerie Harper

Cancer Can't Kill Happiness

3/11/2013 11:36 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0311_valerie_harper_fun_photos_launchValerie Harper was in a great mood over the weekend, looking great and laughing it up as she talked to Savannah Guthrie about her terminal illness.

Harper was on "Today" ... discussing her brain cancer prognosis and the prospect that she may only have 3 months to live.  A very wise Harper said, "If you die, you're not a failure.  You're just somebody who had cancer, and that's the outcome."

Harper also said she keeps her mind open to miracles.

Throwback kid

I don't believe this 3 months to live crap! she is strong, she is positive and she loves to live her life. She will be around for a good while, keep fighting Rhoda!!!!

get real

She Looks so good now. God Bless her. Hoping for a Miracle for her/

Queen.of.the.Obvious

What an amazing woman. Most would surcome to the sadness and depression of being told you have a matter of only a couple of months to live. Most couldn't handle the emotional and mental anguish of knowing the end is coming and there is nothing that can be done about it. But this is a wonderful photo. It is nice to see her smiling and exuding happiness during this time. Gotta have respect for people who choose to LIVE and find happiness and closure while having to say goodbye to life and everyone they love. What a great woman, to have her head held high and smile on her face! We should all be so lucky to face death with such zest!

SimplyHappy

What a beautiful lady, both inside and out! This is one of those times, I too pray for a miracle..Keep that strength Valerie Harper...You have a world of fans wishing you well.

It's Dave

Hope she's not with Kaiser as they'll screw you around denying treatment until you die... then they'll posthumously approve the treatment. And there is nothing anybody can do about it because they can't be sued.

Valarie, I enjoyed your work over the years and my heart goes out to you and your family.

kitnplayn

You look smashing, dahling. You will always be my hero. You are loved, admired and respected. Live long and prosper!

Joanne

Valerie if you are reading this please do not go to Publix anymore. That place is full of processed food and pesticide filled fruits and vegetables. Get yourself a naturopathy doctor immediately and switch to an all whole food diet with lots of whole grains, organic vegetables and fruits, organic meats, etc. Act now Valerie!!

CharlieDon'tSurf1

Valerie's attitude about this diagnosis comes from a life time of living life to the fullest. In many ways, she is blessed to have a good life, that she appreciates and holds on to. If there's another miracle in life, this could be it. BTW, this is one of the most meaningful and important TMZ posts ever so I had to comment. There's no way any of us can know what it's like for Valerie now but she's not just tough, she's obv had a great life. how many of us wouldn't have traded ours or think how great it would be to have the kind of attitude she ends up with in the most dire cir***stances that can be? Think about that for a minute.

croc

she is ACTING as if she is happy.
she isnt happy at all.
and with all those face lifts, she does not even
look like her old self.. but i do like her.

Keepin' it Real

An inspiration for all of us, now, soon or hopefully much later.

olu32

This woman is a great example that we all need to follow, no matter what situation we face in life. Smile no matter what

Mrugowsky

She has great spirit considering everything.

Parker

I like what shesndoing ...going on with her days........lettingnpeople know about thisntypemof cancer.....I am a man and I have to say...I have always admired this woman...shenis part of my youth.......but watching her tell the world this sad news and being ablemtomgo on without bitterness and anger, made me admire her even more.....I love her strength...Shenisnan insipration!

Miss Red

She is awesome in every way. I have always been a fan.

Toallthehatersoftheworld

I'm praying for her. I am happy she is doing her and getting out and about. Most would just stay in house afraid to be photograph in my eyes this makes her a beautiful women indeed

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments