Belinda Carlisle

I Was the Lindsay Lohan

of My Time

3/15/2013 8:21 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0314_belinda_lindsay
Belinda Carlisle says she definitely feels Lindsay Lohan's pain ... 'cause the Go-Go's frontwoman says she was JUST LIKE the troubled actress when she was younger ... only there weren't as many people taking pictures.

54-year-old Carlisle just made the comments to PopDose.com ... saying, "Back in like 1981 and 1982, I was like the Lindsay Lohan of that time, actually. Honestly. I just didn’t get photographed."

She continued, "I would never ever ever have been able to survive what I can imagine that she goes through. I see a lot of myself in her, actually."

Carlisle -- who recently said she quit drinking, smoking and doing drugs -- went on ... "Eventually, it catches up with you and let’s just hope it ends well."

LISA

That was very sweet of her to support Lindsay, but I just can’t see the comparison. Belinda has been a successful singer for more than 30 years and has a star on Hollywood’s walk of fame. She’s been married since 1986 and has one child. Her ‘party days’ lasted less than 2 years vs Lindsay’s 8 years and counting. Belinda has no scandals or arrests.

stary

Not really something I would disclose to anyone

imeatingyourgrapesbro

Lock that bitch up!!

Firefly

Does Lindsay have the mumps? Her cheeks are all swollen and........
~
Oh no! I just figured out how they are going to try to get more time.

Floating Chalupa

It is true,When she lived on Casille st in Hollywood my friend was the building manger and he couldn't figured it out who they where,most of the time they where drunk ,smelly and so on. Then the gogos hit it big ,and the limos where lined up front .

megabitch

oooh they look a lot alike.

Andyconda#LITTLESTAR

milo is going nuts on twitter..bitching at zFilmster/Dina

Andyconda#LITTLESTAR

in their day the GoGos were very doable..now lindsay is being compared to Debra Harry,belinda,donatela Versaci,and people 30 plus her senior

Andyconda#LITTLESTAR

on a seperate note..hung my "conch republic" Flag and declared my yard Andy Land..go ahead and give me my black Hate crown of approval...we all know smitty lives 24/7 on these boards just waiting

Andyconda#LITTLESTAR

its a dead day.. so I started my day off with the dead

Andyconda#LITTLESTAR

No peso"s guess i8 will stop back later..

Andyconda#LITTLESTAR

TWO I REPEAT TWO, more days until she can prove that she wasnt driving that car...the trial is no longer about IF...its about her Lying to the police...and its already proven many times before, that she likes to lie..I dont see a jury in the world that would let her slide

trudy

she wishes she was that notorious at any point in her life. she had her 5 minutes and then, like now, she's just another Bozo on the bus.

Alan Carver

While I appreciate what Belinda is saying about that time when every movement a celebrity made didn't make the evening news, Lohan is the victim of her own stupidity! She doesn't learn and everyone else is to blame for her issues she keeps finding herself in. I don't feel one-iota of sadness for Lohan. She makes her messes and now she just needs to learn how to accept responsibility and GROW-UP! I am tired of hearing about her being in the judicial system. She needs a lawyer that can talk sense into her and get her into treatment and done with her legal woes if she just does jail time! It really is that simple. I think that people would have more respect for her is she would just do that.

E

Oh, please, the only talent Belinda has is giving bjs (ask anyone around LA from the 80s). She certainly can't hit a note this side of a barn. Was always drunk on stage; I made the mistake of seeing them once ("We got the beat" my @$$)

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4