L.A. Weatherman

PRANKED on Live TV

'Happy Bday Hugh Janus'

3/15/2013 7:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

031513_weatherman_ktla_launch
Someone ripped a page outta the Bart Simpson playbook this week to prank an L.A. weatherman ... asking for a birthday shout-out for "Hugh Janus" ... and it went down PERFECTLY!!!

Ya gotta see this ... KTLA weatherman Henry DiCarlo was giving his usual TV shout-outs for birthdays, anniversaries, etc. ... when he read the name of a supposed 10-year-old boy named "Hugh Janus."

That's when the two anchors LOST IT ... instantly realizing DiCarlo had been pranked and laughing their faces off.

Eventually, one of the anchors let DiCarlo in on the joke ... "I think it was one of those trick names and you fell for it."

Once DiCarlo realized he'd been tricked he admitted, "I got punked" ... adding, "Hopefully there's not a 10-year-old really with that name out there."

Yeah, that would really stink.

Jordan

I think the chick had to get someone in her ear piece to tell her the joke because I think she still would not know it other wise.

Melissa1987

Im guessing hugh janus a gay boy.

Pete

great morning show..very cool people

mamajj

I love KTLA in morning. they are so funny. Loved how they laughed their a$$es off instead of being all uppity about it like other news people would have been.

Bob

Or maybe there's a poor little boy crying himself to sleep on the night of his birthday because, just like at school, they made fun of his name on TV.

Liz

Amanda Hugginkiss has a birthday next week...

Ozzie X

That was funny sans the brunette chick talking. Easy to get a tele -deskj job. Even if you have zero. personality.

boo

Man, do I love a good giggle in the morning. This was great!

yeah, I'm way out of line.

I grew up with Hugh Janus, and his friends Jack Mehoff and Dick Gozinnia.

Teresa

Hahaha Good one!!!! They got Henry alright. Love KTLA News!! I watch every single morning while getting ready for work.

jscottj

I SOOOO needed that laugh today...Major props to the prankster. Well played, sir...

CoconutScrimp

Wait, isn't Hugh Janus the name Harvey uses when he goes incognito?

Or maybe it's that bitchy dude that defends LiLo?

CLINT

Best morning news show by far. Everyone on the show are funny and know how to have fun, yet know when it is time to tell the serious news. And DiCarlo is one of the nicest people around. Glad TMZ took a break from the sordid shina****ns of what are called celebrities to share a bit of true laughter.

Hal

I predict a lot of birthday shoutouts for Ben Dover and Mike Hunt coming Henry's way.

GonzoBigD

I guess he decided to skip the shoutout to Haywood Jablomey.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments