L.A. Weatherman

PRANKED on Live TV

'Happy Bday Hugh Janus'

3/15/2013 7:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

031513_weatherman_ktla_launch
Someone ripped a page outta the Bart Simpson playbook this week to prank an L.A. weatherman ... asking for a birthday shout-out for "Hugh Janus" ... and it went down PERFECTLY!!!

Ya gotta see this ... KTLA weatherman Henry DiCarlo was giving his usual TV shout-outs for birthdays, anniversaries, etc. ... when he read the name of a supposed 10-year-old boy named "Hugh Janus."

That's when the two anchors LOST IT ... instantly realizing DiCarlo had been pranked and laughing their faces off.

Eventually, one of the anchors let DiCarlo in on the joke ... "I think it was one of those trick names and you fell for it."

Once DiCarlo realized he'd been tricked he admitted, "I got punked" ... adding, "Hopefully there's not a 10-year-old really with that name out there."

Yeah, that would really stink.

Patti

I dont get the joke

CLINT

Unfortunately, the heads of the station will probably ban him from telling anyone happy birthday now. They have no sense of humor.

Lee

Ummmm....I dont get it. Inside joke?

Lee

OKAAAYYY NEVER MIND HUGE ANUS. LMAO I GET IT.

jim

I love Henry , he is the greatest , I miss ktla news , the took it of are cable system (cox cable sucks)

TMZ Lover from LA

I had to show this to my friends! I absolutely LOVE this team and saw the prank when it happened! They're not stuffy like some other channels. Hope no one is in trouble.

manbearpig

D'oh

XRaac

Who is that babe? a little uptight but nothing like a little man meat in the back entrance couldn't fix.

PokerStar

When your job is to read from a prompter, you don't have time to read it twice.

Jim

Wonder why he pronounced the last name with a long A sound instead of a short A sound, like in January. It wouldn't have worked then. He made it sound like Jane-us instead of Jan-us. If I'd seen the name, I think I would have pronounced it with a short A sound.

Spicy mag

My birth name is Huge Gaping Buttthole and I don't find this story funny.

Buck Wild

I am the one who pranked Henry Dicarlo, I was the Ktla5 News every day and these guys are the funniest guys ever, that is why I had to do it. My son Wes is the one who told me about it and who is the one who made me do this. Henry is a great guy and glad to see him on Ktla 5 everyday.

Felix

LMAO! That's all I can say!

joe dirt

It came out alright in the end!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2