Lindsay Lohan

FACES MONTHS

IN JAIL

3/18/2013 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0315_lindsay_lohan_jail_article_gettyProsecutors will ask the judge in her criminal trial to throw the book at Lindsay Lohan and give her 240 days in jail if she's convicted of lying to cops in her June car accident case ... TMZ has learned.

Sources close to the case tell TMZ ... the L.A. City Attorney will be in court, lying in wait in the event Lindsay is convicted.  We're told if the jury finds her guilty, L.A. prosecutors will ask the judge to jail her ... because she would have squarely violated her probation in the jewelry heist case by breaking the law.

We're told L.A. prosecutors will ask for the maximum -- 240 days in jail.  Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... if the judge sentences Lindsay to the max, based on the current formula and the fact that she's a repeat probation violator, Lindsay would actually serve between 60 and 90 days.

We're told the Santa Monica City Attorney -- which is prosecuting the main lying-to-cops case -- will not ask for additional jail time if Lindsay gets nailed with the max.

But here's the problem.  If Lindsay is convicted, she'd be placed on probation for ANOTHER 2 years, meaning if she violates any law, she could be hauled into court again, and possibly serve more jail time.

judy jetson

I hope she goes to jail but I doubt it. By the way, where the hell does Harvey get all these EXCLUSIVE stories on Lindsay?

The Big Bowowski

Yep, im definitely going to ye ol' courthouse this morning. Don't know what all the duck call stuff is about, but I found a Big 5 on my way to the Westside.....Im down to BLO a few qwaks on it

Rob

I will believe it when I see it. She has an "entitled" attitude which has served her well over and over. 240=5?

balls

Stop telling me what you enforcement sources are saying. It just gets my hopes up and only to be disappointed when they are wrong again. Try this, just report the facts. Is she or isnt she in LA?

The Big Bowowski

I really hope she shows, but something tells me that either Lilo or TMZ has some 'splainin to do.

seamus

I have to leave for work soon but if I think my car is unsafe-I will decar-(is that a word)- and be back.Silly me I leave very early in case there is an accident or unusually high traffic.What is wrong with me?

Hot Farts

FOR ALL YOU AZZHOLES FROM MERRICK AND FLORIDA GUESS WHAT:

I live in LA. Here there is something that is not on TMZ nor in the papers along with the stories about overcrowding...IT IS CALLED A COUNTY LID.

judges CAN sentence a convict to what is called FLAT TIME. I have seen it u idiots...I dont expect it here...if I were u I would stop expecting and entitlement and start paying your bills and find a place for this girl to live once she is out SINCE YOU SPENT MOST OF HER MONEY

StarryStarryNight

wait, she left her bags of stolen stuff on the plane?

Reg

Right, peeps , 7:00 pm here , I have jumped into bed with a block of chocolate, (promise I won't eat it all in one sitting) going to watch some shows on tv and get some shut eye at some stage. Lap top is within arms reach , at the ready. Hope i wake up at 2:00 pm in the morning for SHOWTIME!!! "HOPEFULLY"

Hot Farts

dont worry about the bags she packed there were only cosmetics and hair glue. she only changes her panties on months that begin with a J

seamus

See you all later. Enjoy that chocolate Regina.

StarryStarryNight

so where's the slunt now?

janet

Once again Lohan defying court orders to appear. Court has had enough.

Lohan pulled the same don't feel like showing up with Shawn Holley just like she's doing with Mark Heller now.

Hey now it's Lohan doesn't show up for court warrant for her arrest.

Surfer Gal

Of course she lied to the police. People don't hand over the keys to their expensive cars to their friends. They have to be in control. Now, the question is what will the courts do about it. I'd give her the 90 days. Maybe she'd get clean & sober.

Hot Farts

THIS GIRL HAS SPENT 1/4 OF HER LIFE UNDER THE THUMB OF LOS ANGELES COURTS/LAW ENFORCEMENT

SO FAR