« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ex-WWE Superstar

Saves Mom from Burning House

3/20/2013 12:18 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0320_Burning_house
Former WWE superstar Chris "The Masterpiece" Masters saved his mother from burning to death by uprooting a tree with his bare hands and using it as a battering ram to enter her house.

Masters -- real name Chris Mordetzky -- tells us, he rushed to his mother's L.A. home yesterday after his uncle called and said a neighbor had gone crazy and barricaded himself inside her house.

When Chris showed up, the neighbor was shouting through the front door that he would burn the place down if anyone tried to gain entry.

0320_the_masterpiece_2

Chris says he tried talking sense into the guy, but he wasn't having it -- so Chris called the cops ... but when they showed up, the neighbor set the house on fire.

Chris jumped into hero mode -- tearing a tree out of the ground and tossing it through a window.

Chris reached through the window and removed his mom from the inferno ... at which point police rushed in and arrested the neighbor on arson charges.

The man is currently still in custody. It's unclear why he snapped.

One thing's for sure ... Chris does a mother proud.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Laura

Awesome story--I'm glad he and his mother are ok. She is lucky to have him for a son.

Joseph Diehl

He deserves another WWE run.

AMateToTalkTo

Who says roids don't have benefits? This son's a mothers hero, FOR LIFE!!!

marchetti

finally harv put the pp down and produces an actual news story!

blakhoode

See! It just saved a Mommy! Steroid abuse isn't all bad!

eicarr

BEST STORY EVER. I need to see this re-inacted on TV.

GayDaddy

Help! Save me! I am trapped in the back room, Mr. Masters. Okay, April fool! I will have to find some DVDs with him fighting. Bet that was hot.

Abusement76

This is scripted! Vince is behind all this.

David

This is why we need guns

Aaron

Two thumbs up for Chris.This is an awesome story.Very heroic! Best article from TMZ.

judy jetson

Awesome job Chris!! P.S. I want to get rid of a tree in front of my house. Maybe you can tear it out for me??

LISA

Good job Chris! I hope his mom is OK. That is a lot of trauma to go through. When she's over that, she still has to deal with the fact her house and all her possesions are gone. Very sad to hear, but I'm glad she got out in time.

Whizdom

Every time a man has a nice physique doesn't mean he's on roids...

stevenwilliam

What an idiot! Why didnt he just let her die? Think of the inheritance

LadyN

He doesn't look like that now. He's "normal " looking. But that is a great story. I hope my sons would do the same - or try to - if I were in the same situation.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments