'Real Chance of Love' Star

Fighting Stage Four Cancer

3/21/2013 7:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0321_real_chance_instagramOne of the guys from the VH1 reality show "Real Chance of Love" has been diagnosed with STAGE FOUR colon cancer ... and is hospitalized while doctors come up with a strategy to attack the disease.

TMZ has learned Real ... real name Ahmad Givens ... is getting treatment at Cedars-Sinai hospital in Beverly Hills.

A rep for Real -- who starred with his brother on the popular dating show 'Real Chance' -- tells TMZ he first got sick in January with what he thought was the flu.

We're told 33-year-old Real went back to the hospital at least 4 times and was initially told something was wrong with his liver -- but last week doctors informed him it was colon cancer.

Stage four generally means the cancer has spread to other parts of the body.

We're told the rapper-turned-reality-star will remain hospitalized at least until docs figure out what kind of treatment -- chemotherapy, radiation, or both -- he will require.

The rep says they expect a decision from doctors today.

sharon

sorry to hear about real having cancer . i really like him he is a good person . f cancer . :(

Diane

I watched that show and "Real" is a sweetie. I hope he can survive this awful disease.. prayers to you Real

Carmen

That's really sad. I know stage 4 is bad, but hopefully he can beat it. He's in my prayers.

Evil Deadite

Sad, I enjoyed his show and thought he was really sweet and genuine. Hope everything goes well.

Most H8d

Anyone can overcome anything. Believe in yourself and nothing is impossible

memeL

Many cruel comments here. What this man is facing is no joke. My prayers are with him and his family.

Yellow Baby

For those of you calling them thugs... FYI those are his brothers and I believe they're wearing sunglasses because they live in SUNNY California!!

rob

I knew someone with stage four liver cancer and they actually lived. Wish him all the best

navy53girl

So sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you Ahmad. Hope that you do get better.

navy53girl

So sorry to hear about this. Ahmad was really funny on the show. Real great guy. My thoughts and prayers are with you. And on a treatment that gets you through this.

Bkshorti

I loved both the brothers and sorry real is goin threw this. Stay strong dont let this beat u. Ill b praying for u.

Zimba

Hoping for good news from the doctor for him.

memeL

I never heard of him, but what that man is facing is NO joke. I can't believe so many people can be SO cruel! My prayers are with him and his family.

ten

I feel sorry for him and I wish him all the best. I watched him on VH1 with his brother and I found them to be very amusing. I pray for a miracle.

jennybean

Much love to you and your family. I will be praying for you.