« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Family Signed Off On

CM Punk Urn Desecration

3/22/2013 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0308-paul-bearer-wwe
CM Punk
's seemingly cold-hearted tirade last week during the WWE tribute to Paul Bearer wasn't at all what it seemed ... because we've learned Paul's family gave its stamp of approval before the shenanigans.

In case you missed last week's RAW, the WWE aired an emotional tribute to the late Paul Bearer ... and smack in the middle, CM Punk attacked another wrestler (Kane) with Paul's urn.

Paul's son Michael Moody tells TMZ, the act of desecration was pre-planned ... WWE's creative team approached Paul's family for permission before the stunt unfolded on live TV.

0321_MICHAEL_WITH_BABY
The team wanted to use the diss to promote next month's Wrestlemania battle between Punk and Undertaker ... and Paul's family was down with it.

Michael tells us, "We felt that dad would have wanted us at RAW last week and agreed to the angle … We knew Dad wouldn't have wanted it any other way.”

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Jordan

TMZ Staff really needs to layoff the Booze and Marijuana. WWE is Entertainment it is not real it is all scripted, of coarse the family signed off on it. Or WWE would not have even attempted to do it.

I LOVE MY NIPPLES

CM Punk had a 3some with my gf & another guy (non wrestler) in AZ. last year...does that make him bi?

Jackie

Bla bla bla...we know WWE is not real...so what's your f!ckin point?

Black

Obviously they paid the family to do that

Missy

I don't know if you guys at TMZ are aware, but this is W-R-E-S-T-L-I-N-G and the whole thing is scripted, even down to the person that wins the match. (Thought I would give you a headsup about that aswell incase you get confused.)

TheTruth

Poor baby what a ugly family, you don't stand a chance.

Cricket

Isn't all of wrestling scripted and staged? I sure thought anyone over the age of 6 knew it was fake. Geez.

Phishie from Philly

I'm sure the PB would have agreed to it as well.
Phishie from Philly

Outlaw

Actually, there are story lines. But the wrestlers do substain injuries. Those are real. There have been de aths in the ring. Owen heart was killed as a result of a fall during a pay per view. Their injuries are very real. In order to do what they do in the ring, they are taught how to do the moves correctly and how to take a fall. It is not easy to do what they do. Many have had to retire because of the injuries they substain. They siffer concussions, knee injuries, hip and back. So some of it is not fake, but the storylines are.

Ram1313

R.i.p Paul bear.... Remember when I was a kid.. I used to love watching undertaker and Paul. The WWE wasnt nothing wit out him...RIP

trini_angel

Every single move in WWE RAW is scripted and planned. As soon as I learnt this I stopped watching. Too damn predictive for me

baybomber

Weirdo

cindy

I hope the ashes were at least fake.

I'm Awesome admit it

At least WWE speaks to familes of someone before they do a stunt and yes WWE is scripted but they wrestlers still take injuries you can't fake falling through a table

arale norimaki

According to his authorized biography, Jimmy King worked very hard in high school. And after you died in the plane crash, he went to community college and supported you while he held two jobs!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments