Paul Anka

RIPS Jay-Z

Rapper DISRESPECTED Me

3/26/2013 6:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

032613_paul_anka_launch
Paul Anka -- one of the greatest singer/songwriters of all time -- is calling out Jay-Z ... telling TMZ the rapper treated him like a chump ... and now Anka is PISSED.

Anka was outside Madeo restaurant in L.A. last night, when we asked about his upcoming album "Duets" -- which features collaborations with legends like Willie Nelson, Gloria Estefan and Dolly Parton.

But you know who isn't on the album? Jigga ... because according to Anka, Mr. Knowles didn't have the common courtesy to return a simple phone call!!!

Whose side u on?

• Anka
  • Jay-Z
Anka says he feels completely disrespected -- and says Jay acted "inappropriately" towards him ... especially since Jay once sampled Anka's biggest hit "My Way" on a rap song.

Now, Anka is escalating his anger into a full on war of the music titans -- and even took a shot back at Jay-Z.

Not many people in the music biz would have the stones to go after Hova ... then again, not many people would have the stones to disrespect Anka either.

Miley is a whore

Paul Anka is a mediocre singer and a terrible songwriter

Dissapointed

It's a site ran by Caucasians of course.... Why would they ever support Jay to them he's a talentless hood Smfh

sickandtired

paul anka is a legend. jaywhatever is a pos. but the lib's at tmz loooooooovvvvveeee him.

erkg

sounds like a pattern - first DeNiro and now Anka.

chubbs McBuff

Jay Z is not fit to carry Paul Anka's sweaty jock strap.

Mickey

The real test of music will be the test of time...from Bach to the Beatles. Years from now Anka's work will still be relevant. Does anyone think that this rapper's work will be recognized?

KicksandGiggles

Not surprised especially after Beyonce's latest song. Those 2 think they are King and Queen of the Universe and don't respect anyone. I guess mega $$ makes you that way. Too bad because in the end, they will both learn Karma plays for the rich as well!

DeAnna

After reading that Jay Z wears clothing and sneakers made out of elephant skin - I am so NOT a fan!

Pete

worst rapper ever

Machelle

Am I missing something? Sounds like he's just mad because Jay Z didn't return his call about doing a possible duet. If so, um stop it. Way too old for 'beef', unless it's the kind you buy in supermarkets or from Fat Farmer Frank.

Maroldhelvin

White people love white people

myopinion

Jay Z should have NEVER done that! SMH

jason

"....especially since Jay once sampled Anka's biggest hit "My Way" on a rap song."

Errrr... Paul Anka only wrote the English lyrics of My Way, it was originally a French song called 'Come d' habitude' sung by Claude Francois.

Luz

I met Paul in Puerto Rico when he was staying at the Caribe Hilton Hotel, where he met his first wife Anne. I managed to go to his suite, and he and his father, his uncle and his brother Andy were very sweet and understanding of a teenager's crush. I'll never forget they welcomed me into his suite for 3 days straight, and I was able to bring all my pictures and records of him, and he autographed each and every one of them with my name on it! I will never forget that gesture. It's an admirer's dream come true! It looks like he's still that kind of person.

DirtySouth

First of all you tree huggers need to have a seat,we discussing music not moose ass,second your racist opinions dont matter,Jay Z,Mr.Carter is on the brinks of clearing a billion,so keep crying.