Maria Shriver

My Christmas Lights

Ain't Going NOWHERE

4/2/2013 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

040113_maria_shriver_launch
Maria Shriver
has no plans to take down those pesky Christmas lights ... even though it's ALREADY APRIL ... telling TMZ, they're way more than just Christmas lights.

TMZ broke the story ... Maria's neighbors have been complaining about the unseasonal decorations outside her Brentwood home, saying they're an eyesore. (TMZ shot video of the lights last week ... and they really do stick out like a sore thumb).

But Maria tells a slightly different story ... and says the lights represent something much deeper than a single holiday, which is why they're still up.

Or maybe she's just making excuses.

0327_maria_shriver_house_christmas_lights_launch

hi

She looks younger in that video

marlee5574

I feel bad for the neighbors.

marlee5574

I feel bad for the neighbors.

jflub

Unless there is a provision in her communities CC&Rs stating this type of lighting must be taken down by a certain time, they really have no reason to complain. It is her property and she can do whatever she wants with it.

george

I'M A RED NECK WOMAN AND I DON'T GIVE A RIP I KEEP MY CHRISTMAS LIGHTS UP ALL YEAR LONG.

Frank

The solution is so simple: walk down the sidewalk and snip the cords in a few places....

dreamer4u

it is called LAZY!!!

DougDiPlacido

I say again, I am just so thankful that they were called Christmas Lights and not frigging "holiday" lights. That term is beginning to piss me off.

metusmetu

I have no problem with the lights if displayed properly, as a matter of fact I quite enjoy them at night, almost anytime of the year, and especially at Christmas!

Bruce Allen

She claims to have a reason, and that is her own personal business. They do not appear to be overly done and the neighbors are only annoyed just because the are there. She could compromise and reduce the display to a small amount that would satisy her reason and keep the peace with the neighbors. Personaly if it were my neighbors I would do like that lady did with the christma light middle finger.

NWBL

I think it's because of her family's Massachusetts roots. I live here and too many people still have their lights and wreaths at this time of year.

Nancy

I would rather see those beautiful lights than to see our neighbor's cars parked on the front lawn all the time, and blocking the sidewalk most of the time.

jojo

I don't see why they are Christmas Lights. They are just lights and I think they are lovely.

Bev. Stringer

Not all Christmas lights are electric. I have solar powered ones, strands and garden stake type. Mine are up year round, to remind me of the old saying "keep a candle lite in the window", but mine are not in window :: they encircle my patio and around my walk and garden area. If people dont like them, then look the other way. They make me happy and will stay just like Marias'. Enjoy yours too Maria, for God said let there be light.

TIFFANY

selfish..devoted to or caring only for oneself; concerned primarily with one's own interests, benefits, welfare, etc., regardless of others.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments