'Game of Thrones' Star

'I Have Less than $5 in My Bank Account'

4/4/2013 12:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0403_lena_heady_hbo_article
Actress Lena Headey -- aka evil Queen Cersei from "Game of Thrones" -- claims she's dead broke with "less than $5 in her bank account" ... and she desperately needs her tax refund to cover her living expenses.

Headey opened up about her dire financial situation in new legal docs, obtained by TMZ, which she filed in response to her husband Peter Loughran's demands for half of their $46,000 tax refund from 2011 ... which technically could be community property from their marriage.

Lena -- who filed for divorce from Peter last year -- says she needs $6,000 from that refund ASAP because she's barely scraping by, living off credit to make ends meet for her and their 2-year-old son.

It's pretty shocking since she's currently a main character on one of the most popular shows on TV.

Lena says she expects to receive acting income in the near future, but she needs the $6,000 advance from the refund right now.

Lena says she's willing to give Peter $6,000 from the refund to cover his living expenses ... but she wants the rest placed into a two-signature blocked bank account pending a settlement.

The judge denied Peter's emergency motion for half the money, and Lena's proposal got tossed out with it ... so it's still unclear how the exes will split the money.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Mr. 3-Some

Perhaps she could have spent some of that money that she blew on tattoos on something better.

chinamike

I so wish this to be real. Understand the info came from court docs, she didn't blurt this out to the public. I think she is sincere, money is tied up in other places, she isn't hiding anything, the income is just "out there" and she needs some now.

Linda Masingale

I am sorry, but your story does not ring true, I make $400.00 a week and manage to support myself and my son, so sorry, I do not feel sorry for you. Maybe you should manage your money better.

shebeugly

maybe if she could act, bitch wouldnt be broke she makes Game of Thrones from a 10 to a 7 cuz 1st she is ****ing dog ugly and 2nd she couldnt act if someone was threatening to kill her queer kid

Melissa

I've seen her shopping at Whole Foods. That could explain why she's broke

c.mertz

Just one more to add to the 99%. She could try getting a real job.

jimmy

thats $5 more than i have!!!! lol

Larry

I feel ya Lena. Im sitting here waiting for my refund as well. Living off credit. Unfortunately I am not getting $46,00 back. Trade ya

Politico Pablo

She's good. Five bucks will buy eyebrow mascara.

DATfooLAY

She still has more than me :(

John Shue

Join the crowd lady. Most people dont have ANY money in their bank accounts... And what are they paying you at HBO? Do you work for peanuts???

Yusup

A Lannister Always pays her debts.

Socalpimp

HBO must not pay much

Jen

Wow!! The crying!!! "Wahhhh I live off $900 a month, I have less than $5, WAHHHHH".

Get over yourselves people. At the end of the day you do NOT know the situation so only compare yourself if you're so sorry for yourself it's the only way to feel a little better.

Joybubble55