'Game of Thrones' Star

'I Have Less than $5 in My Bank Account'

4/4/2013 12:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0403_lena_heady_hbo_article
Actress Lena Headey -- aka evil Queen Cersei from "Game of Thrones" -- claims she's dead broke with "less than $5 in her bank account" ... and she desperately needs her tax refund to cover her living expenses.

Headey opened up about her dire financial situation in new legal docs, obtained by TMZ, which she filed in response to her husband Peter Loughran's demands for half of their $46,000 tax refund from 2011 ... which technically could be community property from their marriage.

Lena -- who filed for divorce from Peter last year -- says she needs $6,000 from that refund ASAP because she's barely scraping by, living off credit to make ends meet for her and their 2-year-old son.

It's pretty shocking since she's currently a main character on one of the most popular shows on TV.

Lena says she expects to receive acting income in the near future, but she needs the $6,000 advance from the refund right now.

Lena says she's willing to give Peter $6,000 from the refund to cover his living expenses ... but she wants the rest placed into a two-signature blocked bank account pending a settlement.

The judge denied Peter's emergency motion for half the money, and Lena's proposal got tossed out with it ... so it's still unclear how the exes will split the money.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

IwuvTMZ

Oh, c'mon!

robert007

Unbelievable! She's a main character on a popular show and she has no money! Give her an advance!

croc

if thats true,you will be oweing the bank to keep your lousy 5 bucks in there.. dont beleive this crap..
after pay day she will deposit the 5 million she gets
from the movie she is in..

Diamond Goddess!

I believe it!
Managing money is an art, especially when your work isn't steady (i.e., entertainers).
Even athletes go broke and it's all about money-management.
Plus, she has a kid to spend money on.

tdr9

This things happen. We need more news

Zombie Whitney Houston

Good lord. Manage your finances better.

smurfya

Give Charlie sheen a call, I'm sure you two can work something out.

nonexample

Wowa! Me too, but thats just how it is for me. Hope she can hold on til the big check comes in. Meantime, have plans to recycle tomorrow. Got lotsa bottles.

awesomewave

I don't get it. Is she working for HBO for free? I need to see her "living expenses" before I can feel sorry for this woman.

viewer101

stars. they're just like us.

Shawn

Im sure she appreciates it being made public.

mrharrybawls2012

I have less than $4 in my bank account, and you don't hear me complaining. Wherever I lay my hat...that's my home. I once had to eat an entire bag of fudgicles and then make a fort out of the sticks (which I lived in- off and on, for about a year). Yea, thanks everyone. It pays the bills....

NOT ELMO

'Game of Thrones' Star
'I Have Less than $5 in My Bank Account'.........................i know a way you could get $100 Dollars from me :-)

lilibahamas

Time to yourself a Craigslist listing, honey!

Is the Dad paying child support?

I do not believe this!

pix

I can tell you from the inside a lot of the money goes out the door before an actor even sees a nickel. You have 10% manger fee, 10% agent fee, 5% lawyer fee, and another 5% business management. Then you have to pay the IRS, state tax, state tax to any other state you shoot in. It all adds up. I see a lot of celebs cash poor credit card in debt. Then I see 1 celeb worth $100,000,000 and donated $0 last year to charity.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments