Snoop Lion

Rap & Gay

Don't Mix

4/7/2013 12:57 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0407_snoop_dogg_tmz
Snoop Lion believes homosexuality and rap music are like Lindsay Lohan and sobriety ... they just don't mix.

Snoop -- a known supporter of same-sex marriage in America -- was asked by The Guardian if Frank Ocean coming out last year would pave the way for other gay rappers.

Snoop said we shouldn't hold our breath, explaining "Frank Ocean ain't no rapper. He's a singer. It's acceptable in the singing world, but in the rap world I don't know if it will ever be acceptable because rap is so masculine."

He continues, "It's like a football team. You can't be in a locker room full of motherf----g tough-ass dudes, then all of a sudden say, 'Hey, man, I like you.' You know, that's going to be tough."

But Snoop made it clear -- it's the nature of the biz, not him -- adding, "I don't have a problem with gay people. I got some gay homies."

Plus, we spoke to Snoop last week in L.A. about same-sex marriage. Here's what he had to say ...

040713_snoop_gay_marriage_launch_v2

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Vance

humm apparently snoop lion has never seen thoes episodes of the boon docks

lotus13

Also phony arguement: The gay football player next to you in the locker room/on the field, is trying to hit on you and you should be afeared.
Don't be so dumb, the Majority of you hetereo NFL manly men. The gay teammate next to you is pretending to play on your side of the fence, but, the furthest thing from his mind is hooking up with a hetero man like you.
Don't be so afraid, of nothing.
Get it, now?

Raejean

I'm glad he's admitting rappers aren't singers. The closest we're gonna get to an admission that rap isn't music, either.

kelmel

Rap for the most part is a catchy beat with lyrics talking about money, and partying; gay men can have money and party. Gay men can also judge whether or not a chick is hot. They can even call her a ho if they feel like it. Frank Ocean is one example of a respectable hip hop artist. He has his own unique sound, and sometimes has lyrics with substance. For some this is a welcome change. There are straight rappers that have substance to their lyrics too. I like shaking my ass to a good beat just as much as the next girl but there are plenty of songs out there for that. If there's a message behind the song I'm shaking my ass to, and it takes a gay guy to bring it there I'm all for it.

kelmel

Arctic

I get what he's saying its going to be extremely hard for a gay male to be a successful rapper i mean there are some who are openly gay but they are not even close to being successful. Snoop isn't a homophob he's just being hoenst and from what ive seen the only people pissed at him or the ignorant losers who who just hate anyone whos a rapper period, for the love of god get a life people and stop being trolls.

cooler85

no one is gonna listen to a rap song about two dudes bangin each other or blowin each other

cooler85

no one will listen to a rap song about a guy suckin a dick

peekaboobitch

LOL I dont think that rapping about anal banging is what a gay rapper woukd really rap about. Now when Sierra came about, a lot of fellas were checking her out (even though she was born a he)!! One's sexual preference is personal and if he or she decides to 'come out' then more power to them. You know guys, racism, homophobia is all bull****. Do you want to be judged because of the color of your skin or your religion...how about the person you love. Every9ne knows someone who is gay/lesbian. You would be surprised how many people never come out and truley except themselves.....So Snoop Dogg is a supporter of same sex marriages andbhe probably has a few queer friends to (being in the business)..You phucks on tjis site are seriousoy lame (for the most part)....Everyone knows that DEBBIE HAIRY DID THE FIRST RAP SONG EVER MADE.....LOOK IT UP U ASSCLOWNS! LOL You guys talk a lot of ish on this site and I really hope that Snope reads these posts (doubt it tho) bevause PEOPLE REALLY N3ED TO STOP BEING IGNORANT AND LEARN HISTORY...U DUMB ****S LOL

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7