Britney Spears

Annette Funicello's Passing

'Is Great'

4/8/2013 1:21 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0408_britney_videoMaybe she hadn't heard the news, maybe she didn't understand the question, or maybe she's just a coldhearted person who hates awesome people ... but when we asked Britney Spears today about the passing of Annette Funicello, she took a moment, smiled, and said, "I think that's great!"

Funicello, the most famous original member of Mickey Mouse Club, passed away today at the age of 70 ... so asking Britney, the most famous modern member, about her death made complete sense.

Britney's answer, however, made none.

update_bar
1:30 PM PT -- Britney just tweeted, "Misheard a question I was asked earlier by press while I was out and about. I am DEVASTATED to hear about the passing of Annette Funicello ... She was a role model for me during my days as a Mouseketeer."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

seamus

What an idiot.

Twilightstar

Britney is an idiot. She probably has no clue who Annette is. Hey Brit --Annette is your way classier, more beautiful and more talented predecessor at Disney.

Fred Farkel

My holy sweet Jesus, Mary and Joseph. There's no way that even God can fix that degree of stupid. Good bye Annette. I remember you from when I was a kid... :-(

IwuvTMZ

Huh?

Twilightstar

Hey Harvey Ask Miley Cyrus and she won't know either but the answer will be the same as above.

Michelle2012

I think she didn't understand the question that's all.

tver

She obviously did not hear the question...

Jimmy Rustle

I don;t think she clearly heard the question. You can do better than this. TMZ turning int the National Enquirer?

David

Everybody knows this chick is coo coo for coca puffs.

Mav

She corrected herself on twitter. She said she misheard.

sue

Oh no.................

Trecee

She has the IQ of a marble. I don't think she heard the question and just assumed she was being too something nice about someone else. She is still an idiot.

alex

You gotta love the power of modern pharmacology

Wow ...

I don't think Britney heard the question, the photog asked at a distance and the winds are blowing hard in LA. Cue PR call to TMZ in 3..2..1

Huh?

As dumb as she can be, I don't think she even listens to the questions that people ask her on camera half the time. I don't think she's THAT cold-hearted, especially about a Mousketeer passing. Deaf and/or slightly challenged - more likely. I'll bet she will clarify at some point after a big thing is made about this.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments