Britney Spears

Annette Funicello's Passing

'Is Great'

4/8/2013 1:21 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0408_britney_videoMaybe she hadn't heard the news, maybe she didn't understand the question, or maybe she's just a coldhearted person who hates awesome people ... but when we asked Britney Spears today about the passing of Annette Funicello, she took a moment, smiled, and said, "I think that's great!"

Funicello, the most famous original member of Mickey Mouse Club, passed away today at the age of 70 ... so asking Britney, the most famous modern member, about her death made complete sense.

Britney's answer, however, made none.

update_bar
1:30 PM PT -- Britney just tweeted, "Misheard a question I was asked earlier by press while I was out and about. I am DEVASTATED to hear about the passing of Annette Funicello ... She was a role model for me during my days as a Mouseketeer."

Gigohead

TMZ are jerks because you can tell the guy is far away. Once he gets close all you really hear is Funicello. She was faking it and she uttered something one says when you aren't listening. Cut her some slack!

PatinNJ

There is NO WAY that she wrote the sentence in that update. The chance of her having written it is 0.0

Vote2012

Maybe she has no brain, maybe she is an idiot. What a big dummy, who in their right mind actually thinks this white trash has talent and spends money to attend her shows.

Gene

Annette Funicello was the Mouseketeer Britney could NEVER be.

jl

Queer say huh?

DarkStarAz

DOH!

Taz109

****

Jake

She obviously mis-heard a shouted question that came from the middle of a pack of paparazzi amidst traffic noise. I mean really, even Britney has more public relations savvy than to diss Annette.

Britney's #1 fan, bitch.

I seriously can't stand the majority of people who post comments on here.. You guys are just as bad if not worse than the trash that reports these "stories". Give home girl a break, obviously she's not a cold hearted bitch like the rest of you. She obviously misheard what was asked. While you're all calling her "stupid" or an "idiot" she's out making bank. She corrected herself, so let it go. Oh and I'm sure this comment will get more "hates" than "likes", but idgaf.

jean

Why would you even ask the brain dead "celebs" of today, who will be dead soon, that question?

PureRadiance

Woopdeedoooo she didn't hear the question correctly. Gee TMZ lets make a big f***ing deal about it. Sheesh

It's Dave

So she's not the brightest bulb in the pack. I still like Britney. Just don't ask her questions and then expect , you know, lucid answers, y'all.

Midwesterner

In the video, they asked the question at a normal voice level from about 20 or so feet away. Of course she didn't clearly hear the question. She probably thought it was a question about something positive and gave a canned positive response out of habit.

Gil

She's so stupid The X Factor didn't even want her....

Britney's #1 fan, bitch.