Garth Brooks

SUED ...

Shameless As A Man Can Be

4/15/2013 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0413-Garth-Brooks-lisa-sanderson

Garth Brooks
has friends in low places because he's one of the lowest human beings on the planet ... according to a lawsuit filed by his former business partner.

Lisa Sanderson -- who worked with Garth for 20 years -- claims in her uber-colorful lawsuit that -- although Brooks passes himself off as "a humble and highly principled 'everyman'" -- he's actually a "paranoid, angry, deceitful and vindictive man who will turn against those closest to him on a dime."

Sanderson alleges she was a successful TV producer whom Brooks lured to jump start his TV and movie career.  But she claims Brooks was his own worst enemy, killing deals with Disney, Fox and others by making ridiculous demands.

Sanderson says Brooks torpedoed a bunch of great opportunities because of his unbridled megalomania.  For example, she says Brooks was offered an acting gig to appear as a sniper in "Saving Private Ryan," but he refused because "he wanted to be the star and was unwilling to share the limelight with ... Tom Hanks, Matt Damon, and Edward Burns."

And then there was the movie "Twister."  Sanderson says Brooks nixed a chance to play a bad guy because he didn't want to play second fiddle to a tornado.

As for Sanderson, she says Brooks screwed her in the salary, bonus and profits department, allegedly lying to her about the pot of gold she'd get if she stuck around.

In the lawsuit, filed by Marty Singer and Allison Hart, Sanderson wants $425,000 in unpaid bonus and salary, as well as punitive damages.

Oh yeah ... she also says Garth is a tax fraud.

update_bar

1:45 PM PT -- A spokesperson for Red Strokes Entertainment Inc. has issued a statement on behalf of Brooks ... "Mr. Brooks, of course, denies everything in the lawsuit filed today by Lisa Sanderson. Mr. Brooks and Red Strokes Entertainment Inc. will continue to take the necessary steps toward resolving this matter through the legal system."

Politico Pablo

This woman's claims are totally over the top. When she claimed Garth was to be cast as a "army sniper", that did it for me.

Mike Mc

So maybe he's a jerk, so what.... he wouldn't be the first in show biz. I rather like he early C/W work.

Rangers Fan

I find it very interesting how after a 30+ year carrier in country music, someone said that he is such a horrible person. If that were true more people would have said so. I think she is full of it.

p. dyer

Ann was a wonderful character actress who, i'm sure, could still strut her stuff if she wanted too!

Lori

I don't doubt none of it, he cheated on his wife so he probably did the same with taxes.

really?

I kinda think this is probably all true - but heck, even if only 1/2 is true, is proves he's a pretty big d-bag

LOL!

I hope she signed a contract to bac up her claim, she is very stupid And gullable if she just took his word for it and didn't sign one.

Janet

Garth Brooks looks controlling and angry.

sophiastormy

I believe Garth is the way stated. He seems like s control freak.

sophiastormy

He cheated on his wife, the singer he married cheated with him. And two arrogant people. And both singers careers sank after that...

billybob

Darth Brooks.

JW

Who the hell is Garth Brooks???

Richard

I met Garth at the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame
event this year honoring the new inductees. He went out of his way to talk with anyone who wanted to speak with him. Without question one of the nicest most gracious people I have ever met. I know some people in Nashville that are pretty high up in the music industry here and I have never heard anything but nice things about Mr. Brooks. This lady just wants money that she obviously can't go out and earn. End of story. Rock on Garth.

obvious

You met him for a few.minutes..how can you say that?you don't know him. ??

sharon

I am not surprised. I had that feeling....

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments