Jim Jones

White Cops Harassed Me

... Because I'm Black

4/22/2013 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0422-jim-jones-frisked-searched-tmzJim Jones claims he was the victim of racial profiling at Newark Airport last week -- when he was pulled over by 4 white cops, who ordered him out of the car while they searched the vehicle for drugs ... and TMZ has the pic.

A rep for the "We Fly High" rapper tells us ... Jones was at the airport Friday, waiting to pick up a friend (who asks Jim Jones to pick them up from the airport?) when he was approached by a police officer who told Jim he smelled weed coming from Jones' car.

You can see in the pic ... four cops surrounded Jones while he was ordered out of the car and told to place his hands on the trunk. The cops searched both Jim's person and his car.

Jim's rep tells us ... cops didn't find a single piece of the green stuff -- but still issued Jim a citation for driving without a license.

Jim's rep says the rapper is furious over the incident -- explaining, "He was searched for nothing more than racial profiling."

A rep for the NY/NJ Port Authority tells us ... they were unaware of the situation and are currently looking into it.

0426_cop_encounters_footer

It's Me

ALWAYS the race card.

Fuck Celebrities

He's driving without a licence and HE'S angry?

Lock this moron up.

Just My Opinion

Yeah, and how come us white people can't use a race card when we get busted for something by a black cop, huh? Everyone knows that blacks don't like the whites and still hold innocent white people responsible for other people making their people slaves. We had nothing to do with it. Don't hate us innocent people, hate the ones that made your people slaves.. YOU IDOTS!! I mean, if the shoe was on the other foot. You people wouldn't think it was fair when you wasn't there and didn't do a damn ass thing to make someone a slave.

Facts.. A white President set your people free. White people march to set your people free, but still you people want to keep the hate and the race card a going. So sad to live your life that way.

Steven318

It's sad to see some of the racist comments on here. I am a 32 yr old black man I have never been to jail nor sell, do drugs or anything illegal I drive a 91 chevy caprice with rims on it I work hard but in my city the regular cops I haven't really had too many issues with but the drug police(snap team) has pulled me over plenty of times asking me all kind of questions and I haven't done anything thing illegal they would make up stuff like your tint looks too dark or you didn't make a complete stop when I clearly saw you behind me so why would I do something to make you pull me over then ask what am I doing in this neighbor hood( white and black areas) I wish some of you could be a black man for a month and see the things we go through and I'm not racists at all I love all people my best friend is white I have white family members hell all black Americans have white in their bloodline if you really think about it and know the true history. White, Black, ect cops profile black men and white people too if they are in a black area. I don't think this guy was saying all white people are racist but there are a lot that are and there's a lot of black racists too. I have some many stories I could tell about my life it's a shame but it doesn't mean I'm gonna have all white people that would be dumb but racism is around and will never go away all I can say he pray for those people and some of you should no better but I guess not. NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER!!!!

Firefly

Young white guys get profiled when they drive pick ups. Cops think that they are always carrying coolers full of beer..............Ok maybe they are............but every color gets profiled if it is something the cops see over and over again everyday. If too dark of tint on windows makes a cop think something hinky is going on it usually is. You are suppose to see the other driver so you can tell what his intentions are. If you can't see the person.............
Also don't blame the cops for your own stupidity. Read the signs and follow directions. If you reeked of weed and sat there in a no standing or parking zone just waiting for the cops to get a whiff then you are your own worst enemy. Can't use the race card here but you can use your I am stupid card. See no color involved.

4reallikecomon

White people ...STFU.

4reallikecomon

95% of white people are racist...and cops are included..so STFU

john

REALLLY ....I mean really ....black..bomber....I mean...rapper...racist white people.....REALLLY...

inspector

not because your black, because you were driving without a license.

james

Driving without a license is a crime, boy.

ni2013

READ THE ARTICLE IT SAID THERE WAS AN ODOR THAT SMELLED LIKE WEED COMING FROM THE CAR BUT THEY DIDN'T FIND ANY WEED!!!! THEN THEY GAVE HIM A TICKET FOR DRIVING WITHOUT A LICENSE SO IT IS A REASON Y HE FEEL LIKE HE DOES ITS NOT BC HE GOT A TICKET BUT HE WAS PULLED OVER ACCUSED AND SEARCH AND IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN A RACE THING... JUST SAYING

Whocares

He smelled like weed, probable cause moron. Ever hear of febreeze? Or how about NOT lighting up before headed over to a place crawling with cops? Wait an hour and THEN get you buzz on. Dip ****.

4reallikecomon

They stopped him first...then they smelled weed....racist

jewels1678

I'm so sick of people pulling the dam race card no matter what nationality they are grow up you **** up there's with you

Cereal_Killer

no its cause ur a P.O.S. none rapping douche bag...