Will.i.am

a Song Thief

4/23/2013 9:01 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0423-will-i-am-tmzThis is pretty crazy ... Will.i.am just 'fessed up to stealing the beat behind his new song with Chris Brown ... but he insists it was an honest mistake.

As we reported, house producer Arty accused Will of jacking the beat for Will's new song "Let's Go" featuring Chris Brown. According to Arty, the beat was stolen from an Arty & Mat Zo song called "Rebound."

AND HE WAS RIGHT.

Will just called in to KIIS FM, admitting he used the Arty beat saying, "I'm a fan of Arty. I think he's great and the world needs to know about how talented those guys are. It's sad that it's turned into a fiasco but hopefully it's resolved because I'm a fan of those guys to the point where I wrote to their instrumental."

Will said he thought the licensing issues had been taken care of ... but apparently they hadn't. He added, "We're fixing it now."

MFFDVR

I refuse to call him by that tarded name..his name is william!....plus if it were'nt for Fergi, I would'nt have known about them...I can careless about William stealing music....I here everybodies beats on all kinds of songs,I don't think no one person owns sh*t anymore...Oh, don't get me started with that other fool Florida!!! come on dude,If you don't like Florida...change it all together! idiot

pepekale

Keep it real Rill i am!

Fox

This guy calls himself an artist? He can't even come up with his own work. Then again, most music "artists" can't come up with their own work these days.

Scott

Dont you have to have talent to write a song??? I dont see any talent here with will.I.am. I'm not even sure you can put him in the Music category.

Haroldya

How many times have the black eyed peas(and now William) been accused for stealing songs. This is like the fifth time I hear they're being sued for plagiarism. Talentless

Scott

Isnt all the crap on the Radio just remakes of the 80's and 90's??? Most of it's not even music. Example. Pitt Bull and Christina Aguilera stole the music from an 80's song... plus the song his horrible... if you can even call it a song. Music today just sucks!

mcf1040

At least he was honest.

Chakazuloo

Matt Zo is one of the most underated Electronic Producers. Dude is seriously great at what he does.

Cricket

Why do people keep collaborating w/ Chris Brown. The guy is not worth a darn.

John52

left wing rip off loser.

USA#1

Why is this even a story? These fools have zero musical talent. They can't write music. They have to sample and steal others music since they lack the skill to do it themselves. Just a bunch of stupid rhymes and bs. They are singers not musicians or just foolish rappers.

USA#1

bulging gut with age

This guy sucks so bad.. no talent at all. Has to steal beats because he's too talentless to come up with his own. How this guy made any money in the entertainment biz is beyond me. He sucks!

dena2cents

What's new? Artist like him are always stealing beats and song samples from underground..

EDM

STEAL. I . AM is a joke!!! He stole more then just 'Rebound' he also stole 'EPIC' from Quintino & Sandro Silva... He is just now trying to save his career! WILL.I.AM will NEVER be welcomed into the EDM scene.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments