Will.i.am

a Song Thief

4/23/2013 9:01 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0423-will-i-am-tmzThis is pretty crazy ... Will.i.am just 'fessed up to stealing the beat behind his new song with Chris Brown ... but he insists it was an honest mistake.

As we reported, house producer Arty accused Will of jacking the beat for Will's new song "Let's Go" featuring Chris Brown. According to Arty, the beat was stolen from an Arty & Mat Zo song called "Rebound."

AND HE WAS RIGHT.

Will just called in to KIIS FM, admitting he used the Arty beat saying, "I'm a fan of Arty. I think he's great and the world needs to know about how talented those guys are. It's sad that it's turned into a fiasco but hopefully it's resolved because I'm a fan of those guys to the point where I wrote to their instrumental."

Will said he thought the licensing issues had been taken care of ... but apparently they hadn't. He added, "We're fixing it now."

dropped

"the world needs to know about who they are"...by putting MY name on it

WUT?

DeeMaree

I don't know much about Will I AM except some things I read somewhere about his generosity to others. Not sure how you can think you have permission to use someone else's work but don't. I do like that he owned this however and is making it right.

TvShowHOST

TvShowHOST

MOTOR CITY WIVES TRAILER http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzKUtSCkUjo

Starting Deelcious,from flavor of love
Sara stokes Making the band
Suzanne Lossia media mogul- national news and Sharon williams international hair dresser

tdr9

What else has he stolen from people?? We are not perfect but we all need to learn from our mistakes. Forgiven and forgotten

smiley

"I stole the song by mistake. " Maybe the copyright enforcers will appear by mistake, too!

Nail Kandy

Will.I.Am is notorious for sampling electronic artists without crediting them. He has done this to Boys Noize, Daft Punk, Deadmau5 and now Arty & Mat Zo. I don't understand why he does it, he know's it's not acceptable. He must be lazy.

Rhea

Ess-hole!

Jason Efstathiou

Please also mention Mat Zo, he's been a producer of the track, too.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4