Lil Wayne

CANNED By Mountain Dew

Over Emmett Till Lyric

5/3/2013 2:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0503-mountain-dew-lil-wayneLil Wayne will no longer "do" Mountain Dew ... the soda company announced it's DROPPING the rapper over a rap verse in which he compared the beating of Emmett Till to rough sex.

Wayne was a major spokesperson for Mountain Dew --starring in several commercials. Wayne began appearing in Dew ads in early 2012. Mountain Dew is owned by PepsiCo.

It's unclear when PepsiCo will stop running ads featuring the rapper.

Weezy came under fire back in February over a verse he dropped on the song "Karate Chop" ... in which he said, "Pop a lot of pain pills, 'bout to put rims on my skateboard wheels ... beat that p***y up like Emmett Till."

FYI -- Till was 14 back in 1955 when he was beaten beyond recognition, shot and dumped in a river ... after he was accused of flirting with a white woman in Mississippi. His open-casket funeral and murder trial were early flashpoints in the civil rights movement.

Wayne had sent a letter to Till's family -- saying he's sorry their feelings were hurt by the song ... but the family REJECTED the letter, saying the statement "falls short of an apology."

chrisBchrisp

Why would Mountain Dew sign Lil Wayne in the first place?! All he raps about is drugs, sex, and his penis.

Liss

This can only be to their benefit... ANY product endorsed by this nasty little troll demon would be banned in MANY households....

imALawyer69

They drop him for referring to a vagina as beat up but when he od'd on cough syrup they didnt.

chris

saying "I'm sorry your feelings were hurt' means "I'm sorry you took it that way"....you say "I'm sorry I'm a moron'...that's an acceptable apology. Just like beiber should say "I'm sorry I don't understand the historical significance of the life and death of a holocaust victim.'

r stevens

ALL THESE RAPPERS ARE IGNORANT SELF RIGHTEOUS JACKWAGONS....COMPANIES WHO SIGN THEM AREN'T LOOKING FOR ROLE MODELS ANYWAYS, JUST WHO IS CURRENTLY POPULAR WITH TEENS (THE EASIEST MARKET TO TARGET). THESE COMPANIES KNOW HOW BAD THEY ARE BEFORE THEY SIGN THEM. THEY DON'T CARE. AS FOR WAYNE....SOME RAPPER SHOULD ADD AN IGNORANT LYRIC IN ONE OF THEIR SONGS ABOUT THE MURDER OF HIS BELOVED STEPFATHER AND HIS PROBLEMS WITH EPILEPTIC SEIZURES, AND GUARANTEED WAYNE WOULD BLOW UP ON THEM.

karmah

He's a total loser anyway. Dew can do much better.

Wrestlingmark00

What's civil rights??

lolpolloza

I feel like as a African-American Lil Wayne should know his boundaries on what to say and what not to say. Emmett Till is such a touchy subject on its own right. He just feels like he could say what ever he wants whenever he wants.

SDnRnRoll

When keeping it real goes wrong. Again. See: Rob Parker

Julies

Mountain Dew pulls him yet makes a commercial demonizing black males lined up with a goat accused of violence against a white woman? WTF is going on with their marketing campaigns?

SDnRnRoll

I have no idea about the rap game these days. So help me understand, does mr Breezy "be illin"?

rbgraider

Iam surprised it took this long when forst hratd that crap almost a year ago i insulted and embarrass as a black man

"Carlton"

Lil Wayne, needs to think before he writes! because he has offended the civil rights activists and African-Americans as a whole entire race! This is beyond unacceptable and incomprehensible and inexcusable. A public apology on national television and donating money to the civil rights movement would be the appropriate and morally and ethical thing to do.

semyers22

Lil Wayne is a great rapper. Ya all must like him or you wouldn't be on his nuts. Are we all forgetting that the actual son is on Futures cd? I drink Mt Dew all day long but I will definitely stop and drink Coke products grom now on. I stand by Lil Wayne as a fan. To those of you who wish Lil Wayne would die you all need to remember that karma will bite you in the a$$ one day.

MacbenMartin

I apologize probably on Wayne's rap coz I love him and come to tink of it He loves freestyle that's is to say when he wants to say this he says that .