Randy Jackson

I'M LEAVING 'IDOL'

5/9/2013 2:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0509-randy-jackson-AI-tmz
The Dawg is putting his "American Idol" career to sleep -- Randy Jackson just announced he's leaving the show for good at the end of the season.

Jackson -- who's been with the show from the very beginning -- just released a statement saying, "Yo! Yo! Yo! To put all of the speculation to rest, after 12 years of judging on 'American Idol' I have decided it is time to leave after this season."

Randy continued, "I am very proud of how we forever changed television and the music industry. It's been a life changing opportunity but I am looking forward to focusing on my company Dream Merchant 21 and other business ventures."

Story developing ...

Toilethead

That garbage is still on?

MysticalFlute

And there's the nail in the coffin.

jasonluckydog

Nicki has big boobs and a big ass.

hi

I always thought he was gay

amazinglybored

Huh, I always thought that he would never give up that chair. Fired?

Observer

About time. Yeah, you changed the industry alright.This show ruined the music industry.
It has undermined all the musicians and singers who have spent years going to school, studying and working to hone their craft.
Now, 'singers' just want to get on Idol to gain "stardom"...the answer to all their prayers.
It's fame or nothing, No in between...back to working at McDonald's.

Nxd4b

someone knows when to jump ship before the thing completely sinks

Gwendolyn Sadler

It's time. I feel that he saw the hand writing on the wall!

smileandshine

Maybe it's time for American Idol to go downhill now?

Waka Waka Waka

Take Nicki and Mariah with you

Snowman with a Turnip Nose

Right! "Randy", that's his name! What's he doing again?

(I'm just kidding. One of the best bass players ever. I've never watched the singing contest show. Hated those back in school when we had to back all the screeching snooty "pretty princesses" and caterwauling gay guys in exchange for free use of the amps for our own "satanic" purposes on the weekends. I suffered for my art, I truly did!)

Italia

Randy Jackson is not being asked back, they're not offering to renew his contract, so he has not choice but to leave, and I'm glad. I haven't like him since after Simon left, and Randy jumped and sat in Simon's chair, as if that meant Randy was top banana now. Nope, you're still just a dawg.

Italia

That's why Randy Jackson was insulting Harry Connick, Jr. because he thought Harry Connick, Jr. was going to be the one replacing him. Yo, dawg, don't go away mad, just go away.

Trecee

Don't lie! Everyone got fired...

Mysic_beats2013

Tv Rates might go down after he leave