« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

REPORTER FAIL!!!

Matthew Perry CONGRATULATED

For Show Being Cancelled!

5/13/2013 7:53 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

File this under, "EPIC FAILURE BY A SIDELINE REPORTER!"

Here's the setup ... reporter spots Matthew Perry at the L.A. Kings game on Friday night, hours after NBC made a huge announcement about Perry's show, "Go On."

Reporter decides to CONGRATULATE Perry on the announcement, LIVE on the air.

Problem is ... the announcement was that NBC had CANCELLED the show (whoops!).

What ensues is nothing short of HILARITY.

"You know, the show that I was doing was really getting in the way of Kings games," Perry deadpanned.

Brilliant.

Props to Awful Announcing & Danny Deraney for finding this gem.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Buck Boy

I saw MP one afternoon in the newstand at the BH Hotel. He was so effing effed up in the middle of the day. I thought of offering him a BJ but decided to get some sun instead.

Glenn

Of course it's FOX

Skar

Nobody cares about real tv anymore, we all want "reality tv!"... right guys and gals? -sarcasm-

Flipper

I saw the interview when it happened and my take is the reporter was goofing on him. They play in a league together and it's the kind of thing somebody would do to bust the other guy's chops.

I think everybody missed the joke...

Cricket

Love Matthew Perry. Always witty. I can personally attest to the fact that the difference between writers and journalists is research. Journalists rarely look past page one on Google. There are other ways to seek info.

Dom The Mover

im hopin some day perry finds his way

sirklza

What ensues is nothing short of HILARITY uhhh Really? I almost **** on myself..

Six Million Dollar Man

This guy didn't make a mistake,it was on purpose he was doing a double entendre or however you say it, it was all set up you can tell. He was faceitiously congratulating Perry in a sarcastic way because the show probably sucks and should have been redlighted, just like FRIENDS sucked.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3