Bill Hader

Leaving 'SNL'

WHO WILL REVIEW NYC'S HOTTEST CLUBS?

5/14/2013 8:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0514_bill_hader
Sayonara Stefon ... Bill Hader has announced he's leaving "Saturday Night Live" ... and this weekend's episode will be his last.

"It was a hard decision, but it has to happen at some point,” Hader told the New York Times ... adding, "It got to a point where I said, ‘Maybe it’s just time to go.'"

Hader has been with the show for the past 8 seasons.

The move is a big loss for the show -- which already lost Andy Samberg and Kristen Wiig last season. Seth Meyers is also set to leave next year, when he takes over "Late Night."

As for Stefon ... we'll miss ya pal.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

t

OMG Stefon is my favorite character on SNL! I laugh so hard I almost pee my pants at the crap that comes out of his mouth. Only Hader can play a whacked out Club Kid!

user name

Love him and seth! Im sure hes got movies lined up. Snls in trouble

issabelle

i love him .. :(

YouDontSay

Too bad it is great to see him crack up other members.

Milf Biggenson

Bill Hader will definitely be missed, as will Keenan Thompson (he's leaving too apparently) and Seth Meyers. Personally I think the show is at its best when the cast is left to their own devices. I know they "need" a host every week, but only a smattering of them had an impact (Timberlake, Wiig, Short, Baldwin). They guys that remain on the show (Sudekis, Armison, Moynihan, Robinson, Pharoah, Killan) are extremely talented and will do just fine. The women on the show are extremely funny - every one of them: Bayer, Bryant, McKinnon, Pedrad and Strong - and remind me of the Tina Fey, Poehler, Rudolph, Wiig years. Make no mistake, these ladies are going to take over next year.

Philo Beddoe

This blows......one of the main reasons I tune in to SNL still, although Stefon is the one character/skit I skp right over. For the last show, BRING BACK THE KEITH MORRISON IMPRESSION, BILL! Good luck to ya.

Six Million Dollar Man

Who's this guy? Never heard of him. I thought SNL was off the air. SNL hasn't been funny since Chevy Chase, Gilda Radnor, John Belushi and those funny guys were on, ok, Chris Farley was the last funny guy, all the ones since then suck. I have given SNL way too much chances to make me smile at least and it always disappoints me because the jokes and skits and people are just not funny and it has poorly written stuff, I'm dead serious and I'm sure others will agree with me unless they were born in like 2000 or something.

dina

My favorite.He is so funny. Best of luck.Do some movies.

Aradia

.. I'll miss you Stefon, you always made my day better!

;(