Sinbad

I'm BROKE

... Again

5/20/2013 3:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0517-sinbad-scared-getty'90s comedian Sinbad claims he's broke as a joke ... again -- filing for bankruptcy for the second time since 2009.

Sinbad (real name David Adkins) filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy last month, claiming he owes $10,991,715 in debt ... and only has $131,000 in assets.

The 56-year-old comedian -- famous for his roles in '90s movies like "Houseguest" and "Jingle All the Way" -- says he owes $374,979 to American Express, $32,199 to Bank of America, and $2.3 million to the CA Franchise Tax Board.

He also claims he owes $8.3 million to the IRS for taxes from 1998-2006, and admits he owes both state and federal taxes from 2009-2012.

According to the bankruptcy docs, Sinbad earns only $16,000 per month and can't afford to pay his bills.

But the bright side, he's still got some possessions -- a 2007 BMW 750i, a 2006 VW Beetle, a 2010 Ford F150, a 2010 Lincoln Navigator, $5,000 in home office equipment ... and 200 copies of "Sinbad's Guide to Life" currently for sale on Amazon for $6.25 each.

Sinbad filed for bankruptcy once before in 2009, but the case was dismissed because he didn't file the right documents. Calls to Sinbad weren't returned.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Deez_Nutz

Typical... He just wants an Obamaphone iike his bros.

lex

You would be a perfect judge on american idol.

b003

Taxmasters?

dave

wheres all your rich friends? all buncha phonies

Mike

The guy makes $16,000 a month and is broke???!!!! What a loser.

RogerB

Typical, spend like there is no tomorrow, screw the IRS and taxes, and give me a get out of debt free card. Put his butt in jail, seize all he has or potentially will have in the future and be done with it.

P

DOUCHEBAG

Kelly

I wish I ONLY made $16K per month. Most of my friends would jump up and down if they were told they could make that kind of money but yet I'm sure there are the mike tyson's in the world who could make $16 million a month and still find it insufficient.

wildeyedsouthernboy

Sinbad didn't yo mama teach nothin' good

Patricia

Damn Sinbad

OooooNooo!

TMZ, you for got the bit part he had in the movie Cone Heads.

geewhiz44

$16,000 a month. Is that after health insurance payments, money taken out for SS etc.,?
Is that what he takes home? $16,000?
Truthfully that is not much money in CA. Costs way more than that to live there decently . Easy to accumulate debt, not pay IRS when you are not able to live below your means.
I thought we could not get out of paying IRS due? Not even with bankruptcy. But seems we can??

susieq

didn't think taxes could go away because of bankrupty - they are yours for life - only 2 things you can't avoid - death and taxes

O PINYON8TD

If you can't make it on $16,000 a month then you need a major lifestyle change. I make much much less than that and have never filed BK, have very little debt, and pay my bills on time, well most of the time. If people would stop trying to live above their means they wouldn't find themselves in this situation.

donna28

Im at about 16,000$ a month give or take and my bills stay paid on time.. I have extra cash leftover too.. he has gotta stop living above his means... maybe LA is not the place to live.. I do live in a fairly small town but still DAMN!!!!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6