Amanda Bynes

My Bong Was 'Just a Vase'

5/24/2013 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

052413_bynes_court_launch
Amanda Bynes
is back on the streets ... the judge released her on her own recognizance moments ago in NYC -- after she offered a hysterical excuse to cops for her alleged bong-tossing arrest.

According to cops, Amanda told them what she threw out the window last night was "just a vase." The official complaint was read in court.

0524_amanda_bynes_Splash
Prosecutors requested Bynes be held in lieu of $1,000 bail. The judge instead chose to let her go without bail ... but gave her a stern warning that if she missed her court date in July an arrest warrant would be issued.

Amanda was escorted out of court by an officer ... and left, on her own, in a taxicab.

052413_amanda_bynes_court_cbs_launch

update_bar

9:30 AM PT --
Amanda has been formally charged with attempted evidence tampering, reckless endangerment and marijuana possession.

8:52 AM PT --
TMZ obtained the criminal complaint from the incident ... which says a man in Amanda's building told cops he witnessed the actress smoking a joint in the first floor lobby.

The report says an officer went to Amanda's room ... and saw a bong on the kitchen counter.

According to the report, the cop -- wearing a "full police uniform" -- asked Amanda about the bong ... and that's when the actress flipped out.

Here's the cop's narrative -- "I observed [Amanda] grab said bong, run to the westbound-facing window, and throw it out the window where numerous pedestrians were walking on the 8 Avenue and West 47 Street sidewalks below."

Bynes was immediately arrested for reckless endangerment, possession of weed and tampering with evidence.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Tesla_Consulting

Back on the beat! Congrats!

Bwoy dem

Could have been a volvo for all that matters.

static

Maybe she'll get some help now.

Marilyn

Gee!
I'm in NYC now + am scared this crazy nut job is out on the loose!

STFUP

She's facing FELONY evidence tampering & she was just let go on her own recognizance with NO bail?
Can you say CELEBRITY JUSTICE!?
A f'n VASE!? What a joke. Why throw a vase out the window, you freak?

KayQ

Isn't she on probation?

Jessica

I know how she feels... The second I see cops the first thing I want to do is throw my flower vases out the window

hello!

OK - I was wondering if New York was going to handle this better than California does LiLo and we got our answer. Celebrities do what they want anywhere. Doesn't matter if it was a vase or a bong - she threw it out the window and it could have hurt someone.

Radio Ninja

I'll take her home with me a set her straight!

Reed

You can stop blaming La La land for a bad court system regarding these spoiled celebrities, once again crazy and the criminal comes out ahead except she loses in the end.

royalredus

Those photogs are animals.

WD

yes cause a vase makes MUCH more sense

whatevs

I have NO IDEA how that resin got on the inside of my flower vase and why it smells like that. Seriously.

IwuvTMZ

That was a small vase.

Emellbee

Just yesterday I heard a siren and threw my lilacs out the bedroom window!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments