'Game of Thrones' Star

Red Wedding was

a 'Beautiful Episode'

6/4/2013 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

060413_lena_heady_launch
There were a lot of reactions to this weekend's episode of "Game of Thrones" ... shocking, violent, traumatizing ... but the chick who plays Queen Cersei tells TMZ the ep was nothing short of "beautiful."

Looking less like a sociopathic power-hungry killer ... and more like an overalls-wearing hipster, Lena Headey hit up The Grove in L.A. yesterday when we talked about Sunday's infamous "red wedding."

Headey didn't seem bothered by the fact the throat-cutting wasn't as realistic as it could've been ... instead she praised the show as a thing of beauty.

Word is ... something HUUUGE is gonna happen in the next episode -- so don't be that person who whines about spoilers the next day ... and get caught up!!!

It's what Cersei would want.

Jordan

The Public would like the So Called Journalist (TMZ) to Report the truth and not mess up stories when interviewing celebrities, So if the scene was not Realistic who cares it was still a great scene on a great show.

KnuckleDragger

Sunday's episode was a slaughter fest. Tough being a Stark in this series.

andy

WOW . . .
I had really enjoyed seeing Lena in earlier film works, such as the "Terminator : Sarah Conner Chronicles" TV series, the movie "The Cave", and many others.
But, as of now, off set, . . . she's REALLY looking worn out and semi-homeless.
NOT A GOOD LOOK!!!!!!!!!

WTF

I suspect making throat cutting look realistic could be one of the most difficult special effects there is. Especially if you're working with people as opposed to mannequins.

msteve

I haven't read the book but I love this show. I was emotional sunday after watching that scene. FYI TMZ, we don't care if it was realistic or not because it's a TV show for entertainment!!! One of the best shows on TV by the way. I wanted all the Lannisters dead lol Poor Rob and the pregnant woman getting it in the stomach that was a bit harsh but hey that's what this show is about. The writing and acting are both excellent. If ya can't handle it then don't watch.

Dan Frederiksen

Game of thrones is daytime television with a bigger budget. Not worth watching.

EMP BITE ME

Tyrion kills Tywin while he is on the crapper,he runs away,Joffery dies and is poisoned at his wedding feast,tyrion is framed for it,Price AEGON tarygaren is still alive hidden away by Varys in PENTOS, Brenine is hanged,,,,CATYALEN stark is still alive and now with the brotherhood without banners....Dragons are going crazy and killing everyone and she cant control them...GO READ THE BOOKS LOSERS.

Max

Considering I just whined about your spoiler from yesterday - **** YOU. There is no reason for you to post an image of what actually happens unless everyone at TMZ are *****. You could accomplish the same thing without giving away the entire thing in a single image. wait - there is no question you guys are *****.

zombie

Personally, I love the show and have read the books, which the show follows very closely. I don't get all this intellectual superiority that the show is trash. You either like it or you don't, but there is no need to insult those of us who enjoy the show as well as the books. Opinions are........ you know the rest.

OooooNooo!

Yes, but what's her position on Oral Sex? THAT'S what everyone wants to know.

Truth

THOT SHE WAS BANKRUPT AND HAD LESS THAN $5 IN THE PURSE??? HOLLYWOOD... WHERE THE FAKE ASS GETS FAKER. POINT BLANK!! #TRUTH!!

MikeClovis

Best episode of the season. Brilliant, great pace and included a command performance by Maisie Williams who who plays Arya Stark. Emmy nom performance.

chichifrogslegs

If I had a $1 for every time I heard some pompous ******* smugly go on about reading the book and how that somehow means they're so much smarter than everyone else. I'm reading the books now, does that mean I'm smart too? And if I hear another 'Mercia joke I'm gonna lose my ****. ****ing *******.

Sodawaterposion

She is way blanking hot

JiLL1

It's time for a Lanester to be hacked to pieces & my poor baby, Jon Snow's pretty face was mangled.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments