Bob Tur

Famed Chopper Pilot

To Become a Woman

6/12/2013 4:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

061213_bob_tur_tmz_live_launch
Bob Tur
-- a legendary news helicopter pilot who captured the Reginald Denny beating that triggered the L.A. Riots, the O.J. Simpson slow-speed chase and countless of other seminal news events -- is in the midst of a transgender procedure that will make him a woman.

Tur was on TMZ Live Wednesday ... and explained he always felt he was a woman trapped in a man's body.  He's currently in the early stages of the procedure, has been receiving hormone injections and says he's already "thinking like a woman."  When the procedure is done, he says Bob Tur will be "dead" and he will become Zoe.

0612-bob-tur-helicopter-AP
Tur -- whose daughter Katy is a star reporter on "NBC Nightly News" -- did say something troubling.  He says he doesn't believe women can make the same quick, decisive decisions like men when piloting an aircraft.

Now that's a scary proposition.

Pistol

She. Not he. She. If she's made the decision, is in the process, it's 'she'.

BSname

Go to Youtube and append this at the end of the URL. It is a video of him talking about the beginning of the LA riots
/watch?v=hDWNB01xGj4

budweediii

Who gives a damn? People with mental problems that think they are the opposite sex are not news worthy. Seek some help. (You can believe it was the wrong body he was born in, and I can believe it's a metal issue, so save the yelling at me) . Not everyone has to agree with this transgender issue.

Jan

If this guy wants to become a woman I have no problem...but what does he mean he is already "thinking like a woman"? Is he looking at heels and thinking "got to have those". Also he does not think that a woman can make "quick and decisive decision in flying aircraft"...then why does he want to become a lesser person?

Toilethead

You can't change what you are. He'll still have male DNA. He'll just be a seriously weird looking dude is all.

Jay

I was wondering why they had this guy on TMZ live today, I stop watching, but now I see, he was talking about Harvey's favorite topic!

cindy

This country is going to hell in a handbasket. Its bad enough that confused people do things like this, on top of it you have morons who have no morals to begin with saying how great this is and how they support this decision.. In the end of times right will be wrong and wrong will be right, I guess that's where we are now.

Rocky

Meh....Good for him.

Pistol

There is an amazing amount of ignorance here regarding gender dysphoria.

Fallopia Lopez

He's a decent looking guy, but I hope while they've got him under the knife they do a little schnozz reduction as well. His new self will thank him later.

♥TMZ but ...

why?
it really is not all it is cracked up to be

AlwaysOnTimeB

I don't think he'll make a very attractive woman, although I don't that's the reason he's doing this.

helen

He isn't a natural woman, he's becoming one through hormone treatments instead of finding reincarnation lol. Fk off weren't as receptive. Squeeze a golf ball out ur japs eye then talk about receptiveness

awesomewave

Good for him/her. I think he's right about women pilots, no offense. Men have better spatial abilities.

James420

Gross. Schizophrenic is my guess. They never turn out well either, just make people look weird and creepy. I feel sorry that he hates himself so much