Brooke Mueller

Children Services Says

Stay Away from Twins

6/14/2013 1:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0614_charlie_brooke_01
Brooke Mueller
isn't fit to get her kids back in the foreseeable future ... this according to Children Services, and TMZ has learned a court fight is underway.

Sources close to the situation tell us, Mueller wants her kids back when she leaves rehab -- probably in 60 days.  But officials from the L.A. County Dept. of Children and Family Services have had it with Brooke's proclamations that she's cured -- something she's said after each of the nearly 2 dozen times she's relapsed.

Four-year-old twins Bob and Max are currently under the temporary custody of Denise Richards, after a judge ruled she's the one who can best care for the kids.

We're told Children Services has filed legal docs trying to block Brooke's attempt to get her children back when she comes back home.  DCFS wants the status quo ... so Brooke can be monitored to determine that she's a fit and sober parent.  And we're told DCFS thinks proof of Brooke's sobriety will take a long time.

You'll recall ... just before entering Betty Ford, Brooke was placed on an involuntary psychiatric hold after authorities found she was completely out of it, and apparently on drugs, while her kids were in the home.

As for Charlie Sheen -- we're told he's 100% on board with DCFS.

Jdest

This is such a sad story. I wish they would keep the kids faces out of these articles though, as if they don't have enough to deal with already. They didn't choose this. Somebody should be protecting their right to privacy.

YorkieLuv

Finally these kids are their well being are being put first before the rights of their mother's drug problems.

I'm sure they will be just fine living with Denise & their sisters, & Charlie is ok with this so good for him for once.

The few times she came out of rehab & was still unfit.. I could never understand why she was given custody back in the first place. The fact that her family tried to cover for her makes them unfit to care for her sons too. She is never going to get healthy blaming other people for her bad choices & drug problems. If she wants her kids back she will clean up her act and live a sober life !

steveclemo

She never wanted those kids. She wanted his money

L

Unbelievable! all posts are nearly identical save two of them, one of which is spam. Roman, thanks for the brief aside. I don't understand, where am I? Is this a celebrity gossip site, or a group therapy session on Oprah? No one in their right mind would disagree with the prevailing opinion that EVERYONE seems to share. So please tell me what the point is to regurgitate it dozens of times. Is there a TMZ gold-star award system that I am not aware of? Can you all just give each other a sloppy group hug and move on?

moe

Sad, sad, sad.

ivy

Well at least Charlie agrees with DCFS even more so since they'll not go with him either and remain with his other, mentally stable on the right path ex

Quinn

Those poor kids.

6one9

FLUCK YOU BROOKE!!!
You piece of ``white TRASH!!
~~Denise Richards = MOM of the year!!

mrsschrute

Best of luck to all involved. I hope those boys end up in a loving home, wherever that may be.....

Lynn317

This is the best thing that could have happened to those boys.
GOOD NEWS: Brooke will be so desperate to regain child support ... she might actually get sober - and stay sober.
BAD NEWS: Unfortunately, it might mean she would get those poor boys back.

Randraya

I think Denise really wants the boys to be there

Jordan

I agree the Children will be much better off with Charlie and Back Door Mom Farrah Abraham.

sarah

Those twins have TWO ****ed up parents. I feel sorry for them.

sarah

how does a full time drug addict pay for 20 something trips to rehab? and how does she pay for her drugs?
she doesn't have any income, right? rehab is expensive! $$$

MikeD

IF - These were my children.... No Way would I even think of allowing the return of the
Twins (Straight and Curly) to their Mom !
P E R I O D