« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tony Hawk

My Very 1st Skateboard

Is Going to the SMITHSONIAN!

6/14/2013 9:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0614-tony_hawk_instagramIt's the deck that created a legend ... and now the very first skateboard that Tony Hawk ever owned is going to be enshrined forever in the Smithsonian!

Hawk just posted a photo of his original beat-up board -- made by the Bahne skateboard company -- and we're guessing the item has got to be worth a friggin' fortune.

The board will officially go into the museum during the Innoskate on June 22 -- an event honoring innovators in skate culture.

Fun Fact -- This will be the SECOND Tony Hawk board in the museum ... just a few years ago, he donated one of his faves that he rode in 1987.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Sam

Who gives a damn

Amber S

Who cares

Michael

WTG Tony. I live in North SD also and back in the early days-even before YOU started skateboarding, I had a GRENTEC GT skateboard for my first board. I just found one selling on e-bay I am bidding on now as mine has been lost/gone for over 20 years. Who would have ever thought a SKATEBOARD would make it to the Smithsonian???!! WTG TONY!!! : )

hi haters

I am surprised it's in one piece.

en Todo Momento!!

that's too funny. the smithsonian is selling junk these days? like stuff no one would even buy at a yard sale? once upon a time, they only sold stuff stolen or somehow otherwise misappropriated out of or from european royal residences, castles, chalets or villas.. like robbed items these 'royals' could then 'buy back' into their possession. pretty funny they are selling some smelly boys freakin worn out used up piece of junk like it's 'worth something'. pretty ridiculous.
on a side note: when't tmz going to implement a 'max comment limit' for accounts like mine (obnoxious commenters)? howsabout start deleting comments, so a 'max comment limit' is not overreached. might pay off some fine day.

JP

That was my first skateboard too!

Doug Dillard

I was the first kid in my neighborhood to have a Bahne skateboard. It was the mid 70's and my brother bought it for me for my birthday and I think he paid around $35 for it, which was a ton of cash back then. It had Cadillac urethane wheels, which changed skateboarding forever. I wish I still had my Bahne :(

Nobody Special