Paula Deen

Video Apology

Take 2

6/21/2013 1:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

062113_paula_deen_apology_launch

Paula Deen
must have realized how insincere her first video apology was when she posted it several hours ago ... because she's decided to do it again, and this one is much better.

Paula says in the new video she wanted to speak from her heart -- something she clearly didn't do in her first, heavily-edited and publicist-vetted disaster.

This time she speaks in one take, saying she doesn't discriminate against African Americans, Jews or gays.  It's not polished, but it seems way more authentic.

You be the judge.

Laura

She says she isn't the type of person the press is making her out to be. So, she blames this on the press? Even though yesterday she was blaming it on age? And she seemed to find that answer acceptable and cute. She wasn't cute. Glad she'll be leaving.

lili

It is NEVER acceptable to use the N* word, never. Whether you are a loser gangsa 'rappa' or a caucasian celebrity chef. Please folks, realize how many people were burned at the stake bc of this word, which conjures up alot of real pain for blacks.

But I DO THINK SHE IS VERY SORRY. I THOUGHT SHE WAS SORRY THE FIRST TIME AND I THINK SHE IS GENUINELY SORRY NOW.

The New Improved Sock Puppet

I had to listen to it twice. The first time all I could think about was she better stop smoking soon because she can barely get a sentence out with that labored breathing she has. I think she's diabetic isn't she? She'd headed down a very ugly road, that's for sure.

KatieJinLA

Ya'll old-timers from the deep south I guess never thought your ignorant racist ways would ever come back to bite you. Guess you was wrong. Welcome to modern times Paula.

jen

I think she's sorry she got caught, just like with Duane Chapman. This word is part of her normal vocabulary. However, she has had the benefit of seeing what has happened to other high profile people who have used the N-word and yet continued to do so anyway putting herself and her career in jeopardy.

Denese

She's really sorry...that she got caught and that her show got axed.

Maria Diana

I am sick and tired of everyone getting offended and us white people having to walk on egg shells to be "politically correct" when they call each other the N word. What's wrong aren't they proud of their heritage???

drake

She's only sorry that she got caught and her career is over.

bill

I'm supposed to care because some old racist redneck got booted? Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Stella

I am already over this mess. So what? She said it and so do millions of other people.. You would think that African Americans would have more important tasks to tend to...like their own racism.

Bubba

I'm black and couldn't care less. It's a WORD, as in 'sticks and stones'. I choose not to give WORDS that much power, MOVE ALONG FOLKS, it's time.

Tara

Not sure why she needs to apologize for simply telling the truth while under oath in a court of law. It is really no different than saying have you ever stole something and someone actually saying no. She is older she grew up in the south and that word was common there then. It is still common as long as you are black and then it is OK to call white people any racist names you want as well. She answered honestly and now some seem to be on a witch hunt for her. SHe also said it wasn't appropriate but why is that not the focus?

jo

She is from the south!!! They don't know better like we did in the north. Raised different in the deep south......

Lion_Woods

Yallllllll..... Just the sound of her voice turns my stomach. The south really needs to just leave us civilized people alone and do their own thing. It's never gonna rise again. She is a poster child for a generation and a region that is doing all they can to live 150 years ago.

Vic

Seriously???!!!!! All this "Outrage" over the "N" word???!?!! Well I hear it from the mouth of blacks on a DAILY basis, in rap lyrics, Black comedians, Black radio stations, EVERYWHERE in the Black community. So if we are supposed to get so Up In Arms over this word how about the same treatment for such derogatory racist terms like REDSKINS for instance? Looki it up on the Dic,it term is just as Derogatory YET we have a pro football team using the term.Lets not stop there... No using Chink, gook, Nip, RAGHEAD,Dothead,SandNi**er,TACO BENDER etc etc...