Jim Carrey

RIPS His Flick

'Kick Ass 2' is Too Violent

6/23/2013 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0623-jim-carrey-getty
Jim Carrey
doesn't care if he torpedoes his new movie "Kick-Ass 2" ... he's speaking his mind ... bashing the film's extreme violence in the wake of last year's massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Jim -- who plays Colonel Stars and Stripes -- tweeted his sentiments today, saying, "I did Kickass a month b4 Sandy Hook and now in all good conscience I cannot support that level of violence.”

He added, "My apologies to others involved with the film. I am not ashamed of it but recent events have caused a change in my heart.”

The film, due out in August, is a highly anticipated sequel. The first one grossed almost $100 million worldwide. Make no mistake, to have Carrey -- by far the movie's biggest star -- drop his support is a huge blow.

We reached out to Universal -- the studio behind the flick -- so far no word back.

Nikki

I like Jim Carrey. He's honest.

TightButthole

Jim you magnificent douche, do us all a favor and go fork yourself.

DownSouth

Spoiler* Jim Carrey dies in Kick Ass 2. Plus, he's a complete dou-ch-e.

Panda

Lost respect for Jim carrey on this one. Don't be a bitch. This film has nothing to do with the shooting. Violence is violence, it's been in movies for years will always be in movies.

Amber

Makes me want to see it more. Thanks, Jim!!

MadCharles

Give every penny of profit to some Woman's shelter. step up

cynical me

But he was perfectly ok after the Virgina tech shootings, Columbine, the shootings at the movie theater in Colorado and so forth.
Why was this the episode that changed his heart?

sarita

Was the money too good when you took it to play the part.

OLiarbama Argo-Urself

Jim Carrey, nobody is going to listen to you now, or ever. Nobody cares about Hollywood's opinion. We just want to be entertained. Actors are a dime a dozen. If it wasn't you up there on the big screen, it would be somebody else. You are so replaceable. The common man made you a celebrity. That makes the common man more important than Hollywood.

Birdsht

You sign on for a sequel to a movie FULL of violence then bash the project. You sir are a d bag and they should have never let you on the project. The last 12 movies you made were fecal material because you were in it. You were lucky they gave you a role.

Tim Smith

first of all Jim Carrey did not Rip Or Bash this film. he did not Bash his co-stars, Can you read? Why must you twist and turn peoples words to make them sound like monsters? The Man has an opinion like everyone else.

tom

Ok, please donate your paycheck for that movie to sandy hook families that were killed. Thanks good guy Jim carey. If not shut the f@&$k up!,

Shmuggy

The old adage is "Controversy breeds sales" I think he is opening his pie hole to drum up attention and promote the film. Is he truly that stupid?

gpzjack

he's a douche. Who cares. I guess i'll skip this pile of dung when it comes out

Max Smart

What a douche. I bet he still owns a gun or two. He's pretty much just made himself unemployable. I bet his breached his contract too. He signed up to do that movie having read the script. How did he not realize it was violent then? Almost all movies made now have some degree of violence - does he expect everyone to stay at home and watch Lassie or something?