Paula Deen

Going to Pot

On QVC

6/23/2013 5:43 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0621_paula_deen_tmz_article_01
If you're lookin' for Paula Deen's pots and pans, you better jump fast, because it looks like her shelf-life on QVC is about to expire.

Deen -- who appears on the product-hawking network to pitch her cookware -- may lose her platform over the "n-word" revelations.

A rep for the network says they have "concerns [over] the unfortunate Paula Deen situation."  The rep adds, "Please know that QVC does not tolerate discriminatory behavior."

Now this is the weird part, which makes QVC sound -- how do you say in English -- as spineless as deep-fried octopus.  "We are closely monitoring these events and we are reviewing our business relationship with Ms. Deen.  In the meantime, we have no immediate plans to have her appear on QVC."

Translation -- They're waiting to see which way the wind blows.

0621_paula_deen_happier_footer

Richard

This is nothing but a vendeta to say the least. In the 50s and 60s in the South 99.9% of the people at some point regulaly use the infomous "N" word. In addion 50% or more Northeners used it as well, it was common slang! I don't know how this atrosity got started and do not really care, ecxpt that my point being until the Blacks get to be masters of the whites the race card will alway be used. I am far from being a racist but I think this is a typical black vendeta and the timid will fall in line regardless of right or wrong.

herkykal

Here we go again, something u said over years back . My God we do have no freedom of speech left, nop

Donna

Okay they are blowing this way way out of porportion. But I still have my set of her pots.

Amber

Omfg jfc.

Just My Opinion

Meaning of the N word. A person of ANY RACE or origin regarded as contemptible, inferior, ignorant, etc.

hoosier

Everything about this is pathetic

Elaine

What a bunch of hypocrites all these politically correct morons are. I'm sure you may not have used the "N" word, but you must have used racial slurs sometime in your lives. If you all hate that word so much, how come you call it out to each other and think it's so cool with your pants down past your dirty asses.. Yet if a white person uses it, we are called racists. Why don't you stop worrying about a word and stop killing people for the hell of it. Get a life!!!!

Edmund

QVC - grow the F**K up! With the way all the kids throw the "N" word around today, including the person behind this I am sure, they have some nerve saying they are offended! If you take Paula Deen off, I will have no choice but to drop you! If enough of us drop you, think how this is going to affect your other vendors!

Mary

I think this is beyond pathetic. Paula Deen is being persecuted for something she said many years ago. WTF? Is there anyone in the world over the age of 50 that did NOT use the n word as a kid when refering to a certain types of nut? I am the least prejudiced, least bigoted person I know and I used to say it. Would the Neeleys get fired if they called someone a WASP?

Dana

I have to wonder if the people who are suing her have ever used racial slur against white people? Is it only a sin when it's white people using a slur? I grew up in the South Bay and it never occurred to me to use racial slurs of any kind but I wonder, do only white people get in trouble? Can someone explain?

mlschierling77

Okay, this isn't about Paula remarks. IT about white guilt. So many whites shuttering at the fact that if they promote her then they are racist. White people need to pull their head out of their asses.

mlschierling77

Paula Deen is not a racist SHE VOTED FOR OBAMA.A

fooman2

Whats this country going to become when some sweet southern lady who said the N word in 1993 gets called out.. I was called a cracker by a African American Lady ten years ago. I am so dumb I had to ask her what she was talking about. My feelers are OK now . Oh no Justin B,s African American posse is speeding in the suburbs.What do you think the neighbors are calling JB's little twisted BF. I bet it begins like this..... that scrawny "" African American"" (racial slur) Little Twister Casabas hood Rat had better slow his (gay slur) "yellow pants wearing" butt (cuss word) down. But they want to say the African American are such nice neighbors. There quiet drive nice clean cars keep there yard trimmed. All they have do do is no matter what dont speed ever. Lilo in Rehab. Blake won the Voice Charlie changed his name Corey got his jacket back. It is going to be a wild wild summer... Summer. I hope there's a march on Washington for Paula maybe U2 is available . Only President Obama has enough clout to pardon Paula and it sounds like a great skit for SNL.

mlschierling77

BOYCOTT this channel if they drop het.

princessavenger

OK she admitted she let employeeS-including her brother-watch P-o-r-n at work. Let employees talk or joke however offensively. It's called "hostile work environment," & Food Network/QVC etc. has a LOT of employees who will sue THEM from working on one of Paula Deen's shows. Just like Paula's restaurant is getting sued.

Plus the bad PR, of course. But if Paula Deen is working in their studios on their shows & has stuff like this going on w/her staff...they will be paying LARGE settlements.